Hello from Seattle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm a craft beer enthusiast and new to homebrewing. Before, I helped friends homebrew in Chicago, and since I moved to Seattle I've gotten the bug. I also frequent Brouwers and Naked City, both outstanding bars.

My first batch of a dark porter was a failure. :) repitched yeast 3 times and nothing took. Second batch was a barleywine that was on the thin side. Third batch was a chocolate coffee stout and that turned pretty good (and I'm waiting for carbonation.) Made me feel good to know I'm learning from each time I brew to make my approaches work.

My current batch(es) is a soured bavarian hefe with blackberries. I steeped acidulated malt into both batches, put the extracts in, and put Wyeast 1007 into both primaries. The 2nd primary, I added Lacto. Added Wyeast Roeselare 3763 into 1st batch's secondary and left the 2nd lacto batch's secondary alone.

Will be brewing a 3rd batch of bavarian hefe about a month before both soured batched are ready and blend all three batches for the right balance between a fresh non-soured batch, moderate sour, and lactic sour. Fingers crossed that it turns out well.

Cheers!
BG

I recently found HBT when looking up polishing SS on youtube and came across Bobby_m's videos. I've been an extract/specialty grains homebrewer for 3 years now and I am switching over to AG. I live out in the sticks on the Key Peninsula and work in Bremerton. HBT has been an excellent source for information!

Back