Hello from Portland, OR

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeyLink

Reaction score
Hey guys, great to be here. I'm blessed to be able to say I was born in the great beer city of Portland, OR, where I still live today. I can honestly say I don't know the first thing about home brewing, but that's why I'm here. I look forward to getting to know everyone and learning a lot.

Cheers!
Joey Link

Thanks for the welcome Pappers. Honestly, I think to start out I'd like to find out which beer is easiest for a beginner to brew and make palatable, then go from there. I like almost all styles of beer, so the order in which I brew them doesn't matter too much :)

Oregon Brew Crew meeting 14 Jan. At F.H. Steinbart (SE 12th & Pine) at 7:00 PM. Great chance to taste anywhere from 10-20 homebrews (mostly IPAs and Belgians these days).

Good to see some other locals here :)

Oregon Brew Crew meeting 14 Jan. At F.H. Steinbart (SE 12th & Pine) at 7:00 PM. Great chance to taste anywhere from 10-20 homebrews (mostly IPAs and Belgians these days).

I've actually been there once with a good friend of mine, Dave Dronkowski. What an amazing group of guys! I need to get more info regarding proper etiquette when it comes to bringing something of my own or just wait until I brew my first batch. I'd hate to show up empty handed.

Hello everyone in Portland! I have only brewed a phew batches of beer but im getting very into it and have been researching a lot. Im stepping my game up and moving from all extract to partial grain/extract. Hope to get some good info from this site and look forward to talking to ya'll!

Thanks to all of you!
Sunday I got my basic equipment and I did my first batch yesterday.
That was an amazing experience! Everything went well and the beer is fermenting.
It was really fun and it was amazing to smell all the ingredients that compose a beer.
Of course I'm looking forward to taste my beer, but at the same time it is fun to wait and follow the fermentation progress.
Why I didn't try to homebrew before??? :)

Welcome from SW Washington. I'm glad you are enjoying the process. I get to bottle my first 6 gallons on Sunday, and another batch the following weekend. Be patient and have fun!

Thanks!
I'm in the process of reading all this forum and a book. A lot of work :)
I'm planning my second batch. I estimate that 10 gallons per month are the average I need for family and friends. My first brew was an Ale. I would like to try an IPA or even a IIPA. I would like to keep my equipment to the minimal for now, so 2 fermenters.
I'm planning to use this cycle: about 10 days in the primary, then 2 weeks in the secondary, then carbonating for about 3 weeks. This way I will have the primary ready for the second batch when I move the first to the secondary.
Any suggestion for a first IPA or IIPA? I can't do a full boil and my first was a partial mash, I think :)
Also, I'm kinda short with bottles (I used to drink Full Sail IPA, which has screw-on caps). Any suggestion about where to find them for cheap?
Thanks

Wow, how much time has passed since I created this intro! I'm happy to say, two years later, I finally have my first batch of Irish Red Ale fermenting in the closet :D

Back