Hello from Poland!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronson92

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm a fresh homebrewer (started in last December) and I'm still looking for knowledge and help.
I usually brew a 20l batch. I did 14 brew batches.
I have a subscription of 'Piwowar' (Polish homebrew magazine) and few days ago I subscribed Brew Your Own.
I can't wait to post a first question here :D

Thanks !

I don't have links but can write something.

We have our beer style - Grodziskie (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grodziskie).
For me base style is interested but I prefer Hoppy Grodziskie.

Current craft beer trends are: barrel-ageing, high beer extract, NEIPAs, Brut IPAs, strange beer additions.
There are lack of good beers that represents basic styles - there are only 2 good Pilsners, is very hard to even buy Vienna Lager, Saison or Old Ale.
Lately there were a lot of accidents that craft beers explodes or gushed after open. Last Saturday I bought two bottles of beer, both went out of bottle after opening, one was good (America Pale Ale), but NEIPA was sour and taste awful. Many people started to interested in craft beer lately and I think some breweries don't pay attention to quality, but want to earn a lot of money and I don't like it.

I was at a brewpub in stare miasto in Gdansk a few years ago. Once I sat down I was stuck there the entire day drinking beer and eating bore. The beer was excellent, as was the food.

I don't have links but can write something.

We have our beer style - Grodziskie (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grodziskie).
For me base style is interested but I prefer Hoppy Grodziskie.

Current craft beer trends are: barrel-ageing, high beer extract, NEIPAs, Brut IPAs, strange beer additions.
There are lack of good beers that represents basic styles - there are only 2 good Pilsners, is very hard to even buy Vienna Lager, Saison or Old Ale.
Lately there were a lot of accidents that craft beers explodes or gushed after open. Last Saturday I bought two bottles of beer, both went out of bottle after opening, one was good (America Pale Ale), but NEIPA was sour and taste awful. Many people started to interested in craft beer lately and I think some breweries don't pay attention to quality, but want to earn a lot of money and I don't like it.
Grodziskie is a smoked style, isn't it? Which hops play well with smoked malt? This is an interesting thought!

I just had the Vermont IPA from PINTA brewery. I thought it was awesome to see a NEIPA coming out of Poland. Is there a big craft beer scene there?

Grodziskie is a smoked style, isn't it? Which hops play well with smoked malt? This is an interesting thought!
Yes, malt smoked with oak tree. I used Polish hops (Lubelski). I made only one batch of Grodziskie, but think that hop should give bitterness when smoked malt is used. Tropical or citrus aroma doesn' match with smoked malt (that is my opinion only :D)

I just had the Vermont IPA from PINTA brewery. I thought it was awesome to see a NEIPA coming out of Poland. Is there a big craft beer scene there?
Pinta brewery is largest craft brewery at Poland. They have great beers.
I drank once very good NEIPA but I forgot brewery :(
NEIPA is hard to brew but is popular so there are a lot of NEIPAs but only a few are good :)
In Poland there are about 800 craft breweries. It's not big scene but grow up very fast :)

Dobry wieczór :)

Back