Hello From PA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimWeber

Reaction score
Hi all,
I've been a long time reader of this site and finally started posting today. My wife and I started brewing together a little over 3 years ago before we were married, our last year in college. Didn't take long for us both to become obsessed with the hobby. This summer we surpassed the 100 brews mark and we're climing fast. We try to brew every weekend in order to learn more about this amazing hobby. We are enrolled in the American Brewers Guild Class of 2011, and are working on our buisness plan for Twin Leaf Brewery, to open in a few years.

I'm interested in all fermentables and have made mead, cider, wine, cheese, and sake as well as beer. My degree is in Mechaical Engineering, so all things equipment really interested me. Presently I am building a fermention chamber system based on ideas I got from this site. After getting so many great ideas from you all I felt it was time to give back, so I will post on my builds and tricks as I find time.

Shameless Plug: My wife's blog is www.brewcookpairjoy.com

Thanks everybody for all the great information that you post!

Hi Guys!

Love your blog! Good to see fellow beerheads from PA!

I'm in Drexel Hill, Delaware County. Just started homebrewing few weeks ago and absolutely love it. I've been a long time beer geek and finally made the jump into brewing. Check out my blog and social network (links in signature below)

Jake

We live in South Eastern PA, about 30 minutes from Philly.

Ohh I can't take any credit for my wife's blog :) But I'll pass the word. Thanks!

Oh your screwed now, brewing has a way of taking over your life :) I look forward to reading your blog!

Don't know which 30 minutes (north/west/southwest) from Philly you are, but Ryan_PA lives up that direction. He manages to make it down to our place to group brew (Joppa, MD if you want to google it).

We're doing a group brew very soon (Nov 14th I think) in Joppa if you feel like making the drive to hang out with a bunch of drunk HBTers.

We live in South Eastern PA, about 30 minutes from Philly.

Ohh I can't take any credit for my wife's blog :) But I'll pass the word. Thanks!

Oh your screwed now, brewing has a way of taking over your life :) I look forward to reading your blog!

Hahaha, you're right!

I wish my girlfriend was more into beer BUT she is 100% supportive of my brewing and beer tasting/drinking; that is more than enough for me! She likes lambics so one day I'll have to figure out how to make it for her, hopefully soon!

Hahaha, you're right!

I wish my girlfriend was more into beer BUT she is 100% supportive of my brewing and beer tasting/drinking; that is more than enough for me! She likes lambics so one day I'll have to figure out how to make it for her, hopefully soon!

Be prepared for some fun and a long wait. :)

I think Ryan_PA posted a thread in the pics forum about our 60 gallon lambic brewday we did a few weeks ago. Just so you can see how fun it really is.

Greetings from NCC, Delaware! I am very new to hb and I am eagerly waiting to move my first batch into secondary. I also love the blog! Good luck with the business plan and I hope it is up and running sooner than later as I always love visiting new brewpubs!

I am very very lucky. I was a poor college student and researched brewing for half a year but didn't have enough money. Then one day Steph said she would split the cost of everything with me. Logically I had to marry her! Funny enough the first beer she liked was a Dogfish Head Chicory Stout! Go figure. Maybe your girlfriend might like a chocolate stout?

We live near King Of Prussia, about 10 minutes from there. Thanks for the invite. Maybe sometime we'll be able to hit up one of those group brews.

Back