Hello from Omaha

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brett

Reaction score
Hey everyone.

Just got into homebrewing about a month or so ago (on a whim). Now I'm falling into the addiction extremely fast. Since I'm pretty limited on space (apartment dweller) I've taken a step back and decided to do 1 gallon baby batches. My idea is that it will allow me to experiment and figure out what new equipment to get and what my homebrewing goals will be.

I really wish I had more space so I could do more! Nevertheless, I'm brewing every weekend so I can up my skill-level and make some really good/special beer in time for the holidays!

I can't wait for fall so it'll cool down, then I can make some lager!

I'm from Lexington, NE. I started homebrewing a year ago and have done 9 five gallon batches. It is a great hobby and I'm really turning into a "BEER SNOB". I hope you have a much fun as I do brewing.

I have been using a shop in Lincoln (Kirk's Home Brew) to get my brew kits and supplies. Kirk is a great guy and has been most helpful. Is there a home brew shop in Omaha?

I'm actually going to visit family back in my hometown (sioux city, ia) out near you guys starting Saturday. where do you get your brewing supplies? i may try to get some friends into it...

brett said:
Yes, it's called Cornhusker Beverage. Here's the site: http://www.homebrewkits.net/

They are pretty good and helpful.

Theres another place right around the corner called Fermenters Supply. He's been there forever. More yeast selection and he'll grind your grain for you. A little more specialized and maybe just a bit more expensive. I go to both places.

Kirk's Homebrew in Lincoln, NE is a great place. Kirk has several kits of his own design plus has can answer any questions you may have.

Back