Hello from Ohio!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmc32

Reaction score
Checking in from Harrison, Ohio near Cincinnati.

I had been making homemade wine for 25+ years, then a couple years ago someone got me a beer kit for Christmas. Been hooked ever since!
Have been brewing for a couple years, all grain for a little over a year. I joined Cincinnati Malt Infusers (CMI) brew club about a year ago, recently finished a BJCP exam prep course, but not nearly ready to take the exam. Need a lot more study, and more tasting experience! :mug:

My system is totally manual low-tech right now, and I would really like to upgrade my brew system. Undecided on RIMS or HERMES, type and extent of electronic control, etc. My first goal is to control Mash process with a March pump and some type of automated temperature control, but want a system that I can expand later.

I realize the last paragraph is a little off topic for an introduction thread, but included it here to illustrate where I am on the brew addiction line. However, if someone could, please point out a good thread to enter a discussion of how to plan for system upgrade and automation when there are so many possibilities and I am so confused on which direction to go.

In my brief experience here I have found this site to have near limitless info, and I am sure I will be spending WAY too much time here (in my wife's opinion). :) Cheers from Ohio! :mug:

Howdy! I'm up on the North coast myself. Only a couple miles to go fishin in Lake Erie. There are forums lower down the list for electronic brew rigs,& DIY stuff. That'd be the best places to look.
We really miss Godfather's Pizza...

Used to fish Lake Erie around Put-in-Bay & Kelly's Island a couple times a year, but haven't been up there in a few years (got rid of my boat). I do miss the walleye, smallmouth, and perch (and the white bass can be a lot of fun).

Welcome tmc32, from central Ohio! This forum and joining a brew club took a substantial amount of time off the learning curve for me.

Yeah,the perch & white bass are good. We like to go up to Huron where the Huron river dumps into the lake from tide out to tide in when various fish are astaging there,getting ready to go up river to spawn. We caught 70 channel cats in two mornings that way. All were 12-17"! Pale ales go great with breaded channel cat fillets & fries.

hello! i moved back to oregon from cincy not too long ago, i miss it! and welcome!

Latest posts

Back