Hello from NH. Rekindled Brewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

butler1850

Reaction score
Hello all.

New to the forum, looks like a good one, lots of good info has been gained already!

I'm returning to brewing after about a 10 year break. My equipment got lost in post-college moves, so I was only recently able to replace it all.

The first batch went into the primary last night, and this morning is bubbling away furiously! Nothing complex, a simple hefe.

6.6# Wheat extract
1oz Perle (bittering) - 60 minute boil.
1/2oz @ 50 min hallertaur (flavor/bitter)
1/2oz @ 59 min hallertaur (aroma)
Safbrew T-58 yeast pitched @ 78F into a 6gal glass carboy.

I escaped from the far other side of the state. Ipswich MA. I hated the town, couldn't stand that it was so far from everything, and moved to a similar town in NH after I got married. Having a car changed my outlook on life, but I'm sure my kid will hate me when she's older. :D

As for the refugee status, it involves politics, hunting/gun rights, taxes, red tape and an increase in distance from the parents. (didn't move far enough for the last bit... :D)

You may have escaped our clutches, but once a masshole always a masshole. :ban: I can certainly sympathize with you though for wanting to get out of this liberal hell hole, and the giant, walking, pot roast headed Ted Kennedy, but I digress. Welcome to the forum. "Live Free or Die"!

John

Back