Hello from microbrew Mecca...Seattle.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rjgiddings

Reaction score
Greets people!

As I type this - my first home brew kit is on a UPS truck somewhere between CA and WA. Should arrive Wednesday and, yes, I'm pretty excited to begin this long strange trip.

Currently reading John Palmer et al, studying cleaning techniques, sparging, mashing and making wort et al. Good lord this looks like a strange, yet cool, subculture.

Let the fermenting techniques begin!

Greetings! Seattle is a great city for beer, make sure you visit Naked City Taproom (owned by fellow HBT'er Brewtopia) in the Greenwood area!

Where in seattle are you? What are you going to start with, extract? minimash?

Hello Seattle... I, too, and waiting for my 1st kit to arrive... been reading John Palmer online and waiting for the new edition to arrive. Good luck with your brew.
Bill

I'm in Bothell - and I suspect my first batch will be the typical (lager) beer extract ingredient kit. My mudroom is currently 55 degrees, so yes, it's a lager of some kind for sure. I'll need to move the dive gear over to make some extra space : )

There's a few items arriving soon: a ferment bucket, hydrometer, airlock, siphon, plastic spoon, sanitizer...the rest will take a bit of collecting on my part.

Welcome from Pullman! GO COUGS!!! Sorry, I always have to throw that in there when I see you Seattle guys! You are indeed beginning a long, strange, and addictive journey..

Welcome to the site. I recommend an Ale over a Lager for your first brew. You will drive yourself crazy waiting for a Lager to finish especially as a first attempt.

Back