Hello from Maine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

castti

Reaction score
In August 2012 Sig and I were brainstorming on what to do with fruit growing in our yard. Let's make wine. Three types are on the shelf, I think the proper phrase is secondary, blackberry, apple, and grape. They smell like wine. This statement is our sum knowledge of wine. Looking forward to learning more about home brewing and cheese making, since you have a forum for that also. Happy days

How'd you fair with sandy the superstorm (or should I say,perfect storm?!)? I heard you folks caught some hell up there. We had tree limbs,light polls,& the like here. Glad I got a new roof & garage door last summer. I made wine for years,& have a recipe for a modded apple jack if you'd care to listen. It comes out very close to an asti. :rockin::tank:

Hello, Sandy passed us by with just some wind. Thank you for offering up a new recipe. Always looking for something fun to try. Not sure what modded apple jack or asti are. Have a great evening, Jen

Hello, I'm in Portland , Maine. Good to see this post. Basically you can take anything with sugar in it and make alcohol. I brew beer 90% of the time but I also do some meads and I have a red wine going right now from Welches grape juice. Really not that bad. Also I do a lot of ciders this time of the year. Well, Peace hymiesbrew on YouTube

I was referring to asti spumanti by martini & rossi. It comes out close to it after a year in the bottles. I'll have to post it up if y'all are interested. It'll be from memory though. I haven't made it in years.

Back