Hello from MA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerFan88

Reaction score
Hello all, my name is Nick. I'm from the south shore Massachusetts area and am currently a student at Wentworth Institute of Technology in Boston. I recently became interested in brewing my own beer while studying abroad this summer in Germany. They really know how to make a good beer! I miss the bier gartens already. Also went to Copenhagen and had a few beers at Mikkeller. Quite possibly the best beer I ever had. I have loved beer since I turned 21 and decided it was time to try making my own. That being said, I recently ordered a Mr. Beer kit. I am in the process of brewing my first batch and realize that it will be a pretty big let-down, especially compared to the awesome beers I had in Europe. I am still excited to try it though. I suspect I will be upgrading to a much better brewing system very soon.

Hello Neighbor!

The South Shore has a great brewing scene...me and my buddies in Plymouth do tastings and brew days every once and a while. Don't worry about your first batch either. Europe has been making great beer for hundreds of years and lagers (the mainstay of Germany) can be very tricky. This site is amazing and will help you along the way as you improve. Good luck from Plymouth!

Cali

Welcome! There's a section on this site for Massachusetts gatherings and events... and a fantastic event on the 28th.

Welcome! Been looking around for other brewers in my area (Northern Mass) near NH border if any are out there, give me a shout

sbrann, I'm in the greater Lowell area, so that's vaguely in the northern MA/NH boarder region.

Welcome, BeerFan88!

sbrann & krieger, I'm across the border in New Ipswich, NH, but drive through Pepperell almost daily on my way to work, in Lowell...

Oginme

Small world. Sadly I wont be able to attend the MA meetup. But id definitely interested in gettinb to know some of the local brewers around here.

Back