Hello from Long Island

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BSheridan

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Just had my first brew day yesterday with my old man. Brewed a pumpkin ale and a holiday ale. Bubbling away in the fermenters right now. Hope they come out alright, wish me luck

So we bottled both batches today. Pumpkin started at 1.054 and ended at 1.012, the Holiday started at 1.062 and also ended at 1.012. Both smelled great and the pumpkin tasted great as well. The holiday tasted like alcohol, hoping that bottle conditioning for 6 weeks or so will mellow that out

Sounds great. I find that time helps big beers, spiced beers, Belgian beers and others too.
I've got my Christmas Beer on tap now. My wife likes it, which is far from automatic. I'll see how it goes at Thanksgiving.

So we decided to drink some those pumpkin beers that we brewed a while back on Thanksgiving and they turned out pretty damn good for a first try at it. 2 complaints that I had were that it was a little too dark, would have liked it to be a little more see through but I don't think that it messed up the flavor any. And I would have also like for it to have a little bit more of a mouth feel, I feel like it finished a little too dry

Back