Hello from Indiana

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bschindl

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I figured it's about time that I introduce myself. I've been reading this forum for a few months now. I've learned a lot while reading the vast amount of information on this forum and I know that I will be spending much more money when I go all-grain and build my own keezer.

For now though the 12% sale at brewmasterswarehouse has pushed me over the edge, and I ordered everything I need to brew extract batches with ingredients for a dry irish stout (hoping the dark beer covers up off flavors from my n00bness).

For now I plan on brewing a couple of extracts and then venturing into deathbrewer's stovetop AG due to space limitations. I haven't even brewed yet and i'm already hooked. Cheers! :mug:

Welcome, you are in a good place... HBT and Indiana... welcome.

Welcome! And there seem to be alot of Hoosiers around here lately:)

We like to breed... There are a TON of new Hoosiers here

Well, my wife likes to ;)
dancing.jpg

Good to see yet another Fort Wayne brewer. As mathdj suggested, check out MASH, the local club. We meet the second Sunday of every month, and there are several members here on HBT.

In before BobG!

At the rate Fart Wayne seems to be growing in brewers we are gonna have to move the club to a bigger location or something...;)

At the rate Fart Wayne seems to be growing in brewers we are gonna have to move the club to a bigger location or something...;)

My suggestion would be for the club to buy the Warbird facility as a permanent meeting location, and then we could use the equipment for large group brews. I'm willing to donate $87 personally to help make that happen.

Hey guys... Between Indianapolis and Ft Wayne we have a TON of members here. This past year we had NO Ft Wayne members involved in our group buys, I would LOVE to see you guys in our buys for 2010. The more we have, the better the pricing we can secure across the board!

Hey guys... Between Indianapolis and Ft Wayne we have a TON of members here. This past year we had NO Ft Wayne members involved in our group buys, I would LOVE to see you guys in our buys for 2010. The more we have, the better the pricing we can secure across the board!
Are you talking bulk grain? Because after this weekend I will be clean out of base malt and would be down for a group buy. I'll probably be down there next month for work anyway, or we could meet in Muncie and have some ale at hte Herot.

Welcome from another Fort Wayne, Indiana brewer and MASH homebrew club member.

Our next meeting is Sunday, December 13.
3pm @ Trion in New Haven.
Come check it out.
There are brewers of all types and experience levels to help you out.

Bulk grain and Bulk hops...

Unfortunately from what I gather the brewers here are pretty flush with both from this past year.

I would not suspect another buy til mid 2010, same time as this year.

Mid Country and Hops Direct are the typical sources.

Sayin' what's up from Fishers, IN. I didn't realize there were so many Hoosier brewers on HBT, and especially from Ft. Wayne.

Hey there....

if you Ft. Wayne folks happen to have any get-togethers over the holidays, let me know. I am originally from Van Wert, OH (about 30 min east of FW on US-30) and will be there visiting family from the 12/28 through about 1/7.

Edit: history lesson... Van Wert was a misspelling by George Washington of a german man's name which was actually Von Wort ("from wort").

We actually do plan to brew at least once, if not twice that week. A number of us have that week off of work and are looking to put something together also.

Bulk grain and Bulk hops...

Unfortunately from what I gather the brewers here are pretty flush with both from this past year.

I would not suspect another buy til mid 2010, same time as this year.

Mid Country and Hops Direct are the typical sources.
Yeah we have done a couple of Hops Direct orders over the last year or so, we tend to go through a lot of hops up here. With how reasonable the shipping is from them I doubt the hop buys would be worth the drive. But the next time you guys do a grain buy be sure to send me a PM, I am sure some of us in the club would be into that.
Sayin' what's up from Fishers, IN. I didn't realize there were so many Hoosier brewers on HBT, and especially from Ft. Wayne.
Not much to do in the Indiana flatlands here other than brew beer and SHOW ME YOUR GENITALS

bschindl: If you get time look up mash_fortwayne in Yahoo groups.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mash_fortwayne/

I just registered for the yahoo group.

Our next meeting is Sunday, December 13.
3pm @ Trion in New Haven.
Come check it out.
There are brewers of all types and experience levels to help you out.

I've been keeping an eye on the meetings but my current work schedule hasn't allowed me to attend, however I'll keep watching.

Thanks for the warm invite everyone.

I've been keeping an eye on the meetings but my current work schedule hasn't allowed me to attend

That's exactly why we now also have a small club meeting (called "Partial MASH"), held one Tuesday evening a month.
For December, however, we are replacing that meeting with a group brewday.

The Tuesday night meeting will resume in January.

Yeah we have done a couple of Hops Direct orders over the last year or so, we tend to go through a lot of hops up here. With how reasonable the shipping is from them I doubt the hop buys would be worth the drive. But the next time you guys do a grain buy be sure to send me a PM, I am sure some of us in the club would be into that.
Not much to do in the Indiana flatlands here other than brew beer and SHOW ME YOUR GENITALS

We have had people come from southern Indiana and Louisville for the hops. Bottom line is that we got shipping for less than $1 per pound, and the real benefit to the buy is that someone can pick up 2 ounces instead of a full pound if they want to... and plenty of people want to.

I am really only doing one hop purchase per year, this year I took in 10 pounds and 21 varieties, so I am personally good for a bit with 7 kegs full now.

The grain buy would be more beneficial, I agree. But if done at the same time, there would be no extra cost to picking up hops and there would be savings on shipping.

Back