Hello from France

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kriek

Reaction score
Hey guys, nice forum.

I'm Simon, recently turned 40. :eek:

Been brewing my own beer since our move to France in 2004. Well it's all fizzy lager here in the shops and I missed my English bitters. I'm no expert on brewing. I have found a supplier of kits near Paris (PM me if you need the link) and they do malted barley too so I'm constantly experimenting with new stuff.

I look forward to reading the forum and participating in what way I can. It'd be great to hear from anyone else brewing here in France. It's not as popular as it could be.

Cheers :mug:
S

Hey Simon,

Are you going to be on the Champs Élysées this Sunday for le tour? I wish I was over there cheering Lance on. Welcome to the forum and enjoy a nice Biere de Garde.

Hey Simon,

Are you going to be on the Champs Élysées this Sunday for le tour? I wish I was over there cheering Lance on.

Sadly not. We are several hours away from Paris. They did pass by here a week or so ago however.

Welcome! I brew for exactly the same reason as you. I missed my bitter when I came to the US. Where in France are you? I lived 4-5 years around Segre, Maine-et-Loire.

Well it's all fizzy lager here in the shops and I missed my English bitters.

Welcome! I recall finding a good selection of Belgian beer in a supermarket in France... IIRC, it was in Épernay. Not that the location matters, but it lead me to believe that Belgian beer was readily available and cheap... unless I just happened upon the best supermarket in France.;) Don't get me wrong though... when I took the ferry across to Dover, there was nothing like downing a pint of bitter in a pub!:mug:

Back