Hello from Eastern Oklahoma

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edthefox

Reaction score
Hi. My name is Ed. I've been lurking and reading here for a while. There is so much information here on the forums it's crazy! Awesome Community!

I've been wanting to brew my own for years but never got around to doing it. I ran into an old friend yesterday we got to talking and he said he had a bunch of "stuff" he wanted to give me... I ended up with a glass carboy, stoppers, airlocks, 3 fermenting buckets, a bottling bucket, a hydrometer, bottle capper, and a box of misc stuff. I tried to pay him but he wouldn't accept any money... He said he had another carboy loaned out and when he got it back I could have it too! He's gonna be at the top of my list when Christmas rolls around this year.

I've decided to keg instead of bottle since I have 3 ancient coke kegs that I've had stowed out in a barn for about 20 years. I'm in the process of cleaning them up now. One down 2 to go. New o-rings and ball lock conversion kits came in the mail Monday. New regulator on the way.

Been watching craigslist everyday looking for a fridge.

My wife and I are making a trip to Tulsa this Saturday and I'm working in a visit to High Gravity to pick up some yeast and maybe a extract kit to start off with.

I'm thinking of starting off with a batch of EdWort's Apfelwein.

Any suggestions for a first beer brew? Looking for something smooth and easy drinking.

Back