Hello from Canada!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strawhouse

Reaction score
Good Day!
I am really interested in learning about brewing some beer! I am a bee keeper and just last year I did my first batch of honey mead. I think thats where this whole interest started... I love mead but I would really like to brew some beer next. I love Franziskaner beer but we cant get it in Canada, every time I go to Germany I drink it non stop! So ultimately I would like to be able to brew something that is close to Franziskaner...

Welcome to HBT. There's a handful of us Canadians up here. I can name myself, kal, and kombat off hand without even thinking about it. In fact IIRC they're both from Ottawa like me. I really should meet in person some time.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f12/franziskaner-hefe-weisse-clone-310446/

Quick search yielded that. Perhaps I'll give it a shot as I enjoy the lunch time hefeweizen. I usually just whip one up 50% pale malt and 50% wheat with 3068. Been meaning to try other variants of the same style.

You guys going to the BrewFest at Landsdowne next weekend?

I am now. Probably Saturday if work permits. I'll let the (new) boss know that I have plans and hope that it all works out well. Will I be seeing you there?

Horticultural building? I thought they had that relocated because it couldn't stay during the lansdowne re-development? Probably take the transit to get there. If things go well I live on Bank st a good ways south of that venue could perhaps have a pint before or after. I'll PM depending on availability.

Strawhouse: Welcome to your first thread being hijacked. These things happen around here.

Welcome to the hobby, and the group, from CO :mug:

Wheat beers take a little extra effort, temperature controlled fermentation is a big help, but they're not terribly difficult.

Welcome fellow Canadian. There are many Hefewiezen recipes available through homebrewtalk as well as other online resources.

I am now. Probably Saturday if work permits. I'll let the (new) boss know that I have plans and hope that it all works out well. Will I be seeing you there?

Yup, my wife and I have tickets for the Saturday afternoon session (I think it's 11:30 AM - 4:00 PM?) We're planning on grabbing some lunch at the Arrow and Loon on our way to Landsdowne, then sampling some beers at Brewfest. If I remember, I'll wear my Beau's toque so you can try and spot me. :)

Back