Hello from Brighton, MASS

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elropo50

Reaction score
Hello, I've been reading and getting advice from this site for a few years. I figured it was time to sound off during roll call. Random question, has anyone ever dry hopped with Hallertau hops? I did a mexican cervesa kit 3 months back and just for poops and hahas I dry hopped 4ozs Hallertau in my secondary fermenter. Went with the Hallertau because it was the only one used on the hop schedule, 10 minutes at the end after the irish moss. Anyway, just curious

Welcome from Revere MA.
I was thinking of a similar brew. I recently brewed a Pliny the Elder and a Mexican Cervesa (seperately). I thought it may be good to hop up the Cerveza but hadn't tried it yet. How did it come out??

Thanks, How did it turn out? Well after about 6 weeks of bottle conditioning, it had a real floral aftertaste, and on the front end, it totally tasted like cross between a wheat and a mexican cervasa...I just had one last night, and will report, that floral backend is less intense, very subtle..I would do it again, and maybe do a little german wheat with the initial malt.

Back