Hello from Brazil

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abadeon

Reaction score
Hello folks,

I´m from Curitiba, Brazil, 1 year homebrewer.
As we don´t have many stuff (equipment and supply) around here we need to make stuff happen.

Beer regards. :mug:

Hi there fellow Brazilian! (fala vei!)
I know very well your pain.
My brother was trying to start homebrewing in Brazil and just can't find ingredients nor equipment.
From what I know, one store is in Campinas-SP
http://www.cervejaartesanal.com.br/
and I think I heard of one barley malt producer in your area, RS or PR I guess.
Where do you get your stuff from?

Heyheyhey. Actually I´m going for the ales: Porter/Stout/Amber Ale are my favorites. I´m not trying lagers too much - I´ve made one, that turned to crap - cause of the lack of a good temp control (refrigerator).
About the supply, I get then at a local supplyer, Bodebrown, here in Curitiba, and his owner, Samuel. Bodebrown works as a school-brewery, they produce they own beer and at fridays we have a local meeting with local homebrewers and some others that come to visit us from another cities and others states, eventually. Bodebrown also have lot´s of books. :)
We have also a coop, called Agraria (in my state, Paraná) that provide us with some basic malts - they are actually developing special malts too - but i´m not trying they malts too often.
Hop = pellet. In Brazil we can´t grow hop, cause of the lack of cold.
Yeast = dry yeast.
Barley = Weyermann, some Castle Malting and some Muntons too.
Equipment = not too many options. I go for DIY.
After all, it´s not a bad scenario :mug:

Sounds like you are better off than most outside the US and EU for homebrewing.

Welcome to HBT.

My son is travelling to Brazil this summer to play soccer. He will be part of the US team at the Zico Cup.

Back