Hello from a first time brewer in South Carolina!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrooperThorn

Reaction score
Hi all!

My wife gave me a homebrew starter kit for Christmas and I brewed my first batch of Irish Stout last night.

This is so cool! My creation is quietly bubbling away in the kitchen right now.

I can't wait to try my beer.

welcome!

if that is a brewers best kit, it was one of my firsts also... very good!

A suggestion, put the fermenter in a closet so you will be less likely to peek and wait longer than the instructions tell you to (for all steps) it will be better the longer you wait. Enjoy!

Howdy from Clemson, SC. I've been brewing for about three years now and figured I should get on at least one forum to learn and spread what I know.

welcome!

if that is a brewers best kit, it was one of my firsts also... very good!

A suggestion, put the fermenter in a closet so you will be less likely to peek and wait longer than the instructions tell you to (for all steps) it will be better the longer you wait. Enjoy!

Yep, it's a Brewer's Best kit - from Midwest Supplies. I put it in a corner of the kitchen where I would be less likely to tinker with it.

How long did you let yours ferment? I came across a topic regarding the '1-2-3' rule, and I was going to try and follow that. 1 week in the primary fermenter, 2 weeks in the carboy to clarify, and 3 weeks to condition the bottles.

Do you think I should let it ferment longer?

Yep, it's a Brewer's Best kit - from Midwest Supplies. I put it in a corner of the kitchen where I would be less likely to tinker with it.

How long did you let yours ferment? I came across a topic regarding the '1-2-3' rule, and I was going to try and follow that. 1 week in the primary fermenter, 2 weeks in the carboy to clarify, and 3 weeks to condition the bottles.

Do you think I should let it ferment longer?

that should be good!

Back