hello brewfolk!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghettofix81

Reaction score
Firstly, its good to be amongst you all, I have read alot of really useful information on this forum! Thanks for allowing me to join in! I am making elderberry wine at the moment, its been in the large 'bin'for 2weeks and I was thinking of decanting into demijohns. ...I have no hydrometer but have tasted the mix, its still very sweet.should I hold out and get a hydrometer or go ahead and decant? Also should I add more yeast at this point? (Newby questions, I know but hey, im new! ) thanks for any advice, im enjoying the whole process and look forward to carrying on with it! Adam.

Welcome to the community. Wine can benefit well from patience. So wait for the hydrometer. Once the wine is at 1.01 gravity it is fine to decant at that point. There is no need to re-pitch yeast unless there is a stalled ferment and that is best told with a hydrometer.

Welcome to the community. Wine can benefit well from patience. So wait for the hydrometer. Once the wine is at 1.01 gravity it is few to decant at that point. There is no need to re-pitch yeast unless there is a stalled ferment and that is best told with a hydrometer.

Many thanks for your help! !ill hunt a hydrometer down today....and practice some patience too! !;-)

Back