Hello and thank you from Austin, TX

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teach

Reaction score
My college roommate spent a couple of years homebrewing after college when he was living in another state. I never got to see him brew, but it at least put the idea of homebrewing on my radar.

Last summer, I finally said, "Screw it! I'm taking the plunge." I picked up a basic kit from Austin Homebrew Supply and read a TON of "how to brew" type things online and shortly made my first batch, an extract clone of Fireman's #4. It turned out GREAT, and I was on my way.

firemans4_in_beerDOTh.jpg

(Not much head retention on that first beer, but I'm getting better every time!)

Thanks to all I've learned reading this forum, I've made 11 successful batches of beer in the last year, and moved to all-grain for my last five batches.

Thanks to BierMuncher for his awesome Centennial Blonde recipe, YooperBrew for the fantastic 60-minute IPA recipe that I'm enjoying right now, FlyGuy for his cheap & easy MLT cooler, EdWort for the Apfelwein and Haus Pale Ale, and everyone else for making this site such an awesome resource!

Hey! I have a set of those same glasses.

50% of my friends find them hilarous. The other 50%, I have to explain it to them, and by then it's not funny. :)

I'm jealous; you have an awesome homebrew shop in town.

Welcome to the club! BTW, check out the local homebrew clubs.

The Austin Zealots meets every 2nd Saturday at the Gingerman downtown.

The Hill Country Homebrew Club meets every 1st Saturday at Little Woodrow's in Bee Cave (unless the 1st Saturday falls on a holiday, then it moves to the next Saturday).

So, this Saturday, you have a choice to head to a meeting, bring some of that Fireman's 4 clone and get some feedback as well as taste other folks beer.

I'll be at the Hill Country Homebrew Club meeting with some of my Robust Porter, Haus Ale and a new Amarillo Rye Pale Ale to share.

Cheers,

Ed

Welcome to the club! BTW, check out the local homebrew clubs.

Do you know of one in the Cedar Park / Leander area? That's where I work and might be more convenient for me.

As for the Fireman's #4, I drank the last of it months ago. I would be interested in sampling some of your Haus Pale, since I took a stab at it and although it was good, it was a bit different than some people were describing on here. I do have something I could bring, though.

Thanks for the invites, I'll see you if I see you!

Do you know of one in the Cedar Park / Leander area? That's where I work and might be more convenient for me.

Thanks for the invites, I'll see you if I see you!

We do get some Cedar Park folks at our meeting in Bee Cave, but there is a club in Cedar Park listed on AHA's site. Here's the info.

Texas Carboys ID #: 000190873
512-996-9900
[email protected]

Well, shoot, I live in Cedar Park, I had no idea there was a club here. :p

Neither did I till I looked it up at Beertown.org. Then again, it could be dormant.

Ya'll are welcome at Hill Country Homebrew Club meetings. We have no dues, no membership rules other than bring something to taste at our meetings. It's pretty laid back.

Cheers,

Ed

Latest posts

Back