Hello all!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

te3b0r

Reaction score
Well I never officially posted anything in this thread so I thought I would say hi to everyone. Newish to home brew only on me second brew and still using Mr Beer but have a full size kit just getting sanitation and fermentation down before I make the leap until the 5 gallon. I have a very long term plan of moving to all grain at some point but not until this point next year at the earliest. I am taking the whole crawl before you run very serious plus I live in a town home so pretty limited on my brewing space right now. In the Charlotte, NC area so once I get going may have to bug some locals for some help!

Welcome!

I know you say you want to take the slow and easy approach to All Grain, and there is certainly nothing wrong with that, but after maybe 2 batches, I think you should look into it.

The reason I say this is because practically EVERYONE I've talked to has said that switching to AG was MUCH easier than they though, and they wished they'd done it sooner.

Also, you can do smaller batches of AG using the BIAB method with the SAME equipment that you are going to use for extract. Plus a 5 Gallon paint strainer from a hardware store (or online). They are not expensive and can be reused several times.

PM me for more information. I think with a small bit of understanding, you'll be ready to go AG right away.

Back