Hello All

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nwbrewdude

Reaction score
Hello All,

I have been lurking various threads during my relatively short brewing career and finally decided to join. I started brewing about 6 months ago, with the help of another beer enthusiast. I brewed 2 extract beers and then made the jump to all grain and have been brewing AG ever since. I have brewed a wide variety of style so far and like many of you I typically have a beer in one phase or another on hand all the time ... I currently have a Bavarian Hefe in secondary and I'm planning a spiced pumpkin ale for my next brew.

Anyway, just thought I would introduce myself before jumping into the forum.

nwbrewdude

Whats up homey! Just let me know when your going to brew that pumpkin. I think we should double brew. I do my coconut porter. yum

Thanks for the welcome runningweird, and hey whats shakin homey!

Yeah the basic recipe for the pumpkin spice ale ... from memory is:

10 # American 2 row
2 # Munich
.5 # Crystal 40
2.5 # Light Brown Sugar
4 # canned pumkpin ( going to try it this way before I trry fresh)

.5 oz Fuggles for the boil, 1 oz at 10 min

Planning on splitting up the spices 50/50 in the boil/secondary

Any recommendations?

I would say come and try this spice brew before you add any spices. Just to get an ideal on how those spices affect the brew. I'm Looking forward to brewing my porter.

I will definitely be trying the sweet potato pie ale before I brew ... I have to go to Oregon tomorrow, coming back Tuesday, maybe I will stop by on my way up and have a couple with you! I told you in my text I am picking up the pumpkin ale grain while I am in Oregon

Thanks for the welcome firebrew63 ... I buy from beer essentials fairly regularly, but I have been working in Oregon for the last few months and have found an excellent LHBS in Hillsboro that has great prices and of course ...
no sales tax ... double bonus!

Good luck with your pumpkin, I will post progress on mine as it progresses

Thanks for the welcome firebrew63 ... I buy from beer essentials fairly regularly, but I have been working in Oregon for the last few months and have found an excellent LHBS in Hillsboro that has great prices and of course ...
no sales tax ... double bonus!

Good luck with your pumpkin, I will post progress on mine as it progresses

KaChing! :rockin:

Back