Hello all... starting my keezer quest.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shep

Reaction score
Hello everyone from Ontario, Canada. This site is fantastic - lots to learn. I am just embarking on my quest to build a home for kegs.

Been reading here for a bit. From what I have learned here so far, I think I am going to start with a 5cuft freezer since the freezer might be a little more energy efficient then a bar fridge and will have the ability to hold the temp exactly where I want it with the addition of a Johnson temperature controller.

The 5.0cuft size I think is the smallest almost-square footprint while allowing me to expand from 1 to perhaps 3 small units in the future.

Anyway, a warm hello to everyone and happy kegging. :mug:

shep

Welcome! I'm hoping to build something similar in the next few weeks. I ordered a 2-tap conversion kit from KegConnection a few months ago. Picked up a CO2 tank last week. I have 1 keg already, and a few more on the way. Now all I need is the freezer!

I have a spare analog johnson controller I was planning to use. But after reading some threads here, I'm thinking about ditching that and wiring up an STC1000 instead.

Back