Heating Element Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wfu1bunn

Reaction score
Bought the Inkbird 318 and want to add a heating element. Using a chest freezer and want to dial in the temperature with some type of heat source. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I have one of those seedling germination warmer mats... I just toss that into the ferm chamber and that provided gentle heat without overshooting the temp. I also have used a reptile ceramic heat emitter. It's more aggressive and I haven't needed it yet (except on a saison with 96-100 target temps) due to warmer ambient temps yet.

Light bulb in an old paint can. Cover the end with tinfoil. Very cheap and effective.

+1 Reptile heater. There's a special name for it, but I don't care for reptiles so I don't bother looking it up

I bought a wrap from reptilebasics.com and have been very happy with it.

This is my setup for heated fermentations... simple bucket, fermwrap, reflectex insulation wrap. Then I set it on top of one of the seed heat mat ( which also has reflextex under it). As you can see it's holding 98 degrees no problem.

20171106_213302.jpg

Back