Heater for SS BrewBucket

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrBJones

Reaction score
What's a good heater to use with a 7 gallon BrewBucket? If it matters, fermentation chamber is a 7cf chest freezer,and I use a two-stage InkBird.
Thanks!

Fermwrap is hard to beat! When using an Inkbird to control both heating and cooling devices, I try to set the hysteresis or temp swing settings a bit apart so they don't immediately shift back and forth to fight each other.

Can't beat the fermwrap. Do you have the brew bucket lid that has a thermowell?

Isn't the thermowell on the side?

And to clarify, I mean the SS Brewtech Brew Bucket. Will the Fermwrap wrap far enough around?

Last edited:

And to clarify, I mean the SS Brewtech Brew Bucket. Will the Fermwrap wrap far enough around?

It doesn’t wrap all the way around, maybe 75%, which is perfect as I don’t want the probe too close (not an issue if you have a thermowell). I have no issues heating this way.

Yep, SS Brewtech Brew Bucket. I understood perfectly. But I did forget that there was a version of the Brew Bucket with a digital temp probe on the side. I opted for one without it. Mine has the FTSs lid with a thermowell on top. And no, the fermwrap doesn't wrap all the way around. You really don't need it to do so.

I use a bird bath heater in the fermentation chamber and put the temp probe in the thermowell of the SS Brewbucket. Works fine!

I'll echo the wrap. However, I don't wrap it around my fermenter.... I have it tywrapped to the back wall. It will heat the whole chamber that way. I use one fermwrap for several fermenters...

Back