Heading Powder

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still haven't been able to get ahold of any, but but I have heard good things about Kreamyx heading powder

http://www.beer-wine.com/products/muntons-kreamy-x-primer-heading-powder-7oz-single-use

Muntons new Kreamy X has been designed to offer a simple solution to the home beer maker who wants to improve his beer in as simple and economical way as possible. KreamyX contains 200g of a blend of spray dried malt extract, dextrose and heading agent which is simply added in place of priming sugar to any beer kit.

The dextrose contains simple sugars which will encourage the rapid priming fermentation ensuring little opportunity for any contamination at the priming stage. The spray malt portion and heading agent of the KreamyX will improve head formation and head retention, overall flavour and increase the resultant body of the beer, making your beer more like the commercial equivalent.

Muntons Kreamy X is simple to use. Just follow the instructions provided on your beer kit substituting Kreamy X where sugar is used at the priming stage.

Try the new Kreamy X and you will be amazed at the improvement in your final beer.

kreamyx__47604_zoom.jpg

I used it on a NB Dry Stout kit I brewed a while back and it worked good. I kegged the batch and let it carb with just Kreamyx. I am not sure it had much more mouth feel or head retention than with just regular priming sugar.

Back