HBT Hall of Fame

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MeanGreen

Reaction score
I've been using this board for over a year now along with my brew partner BadgerBrewer.

Today I got to thinking, we should have some kind of hall of fame for posters.

Vote in maybe 2 a year or something, maybe do some group brew for their most famous/favorite recipe?

There are so many members on here who contribute so much time, effort and knowledge.

We need somewhere to enshrine them.

I nominate Homercidal for immediate enshrinementationalism.:rockin:

Homer.jpg

I like this idea!

I think EVERYONE should be considered a nominee and eliminated if any of the following conditions exist:
1. Has been a member less than one year
2. Has ever posted a mean message or reply
3. Has ever posted an off topic reply
4. Has ever posted a derogatory/degrading message or reply
5. Has ever posted a stupid message or reply

There... I think that should eliminate everyone... :D

I nominate "The Pol"

Even if he is a quiter. His posts were loved and hated so much. I always tuned in to see cool things and also piss him off.

I think us Taproom junkies should get some sort of placard for making sure HBT turns up in any and every google search regardless of topic :D

This forum is loaded with many creative and talented brewers, welders,electricians, chemists, writers, etc. etc.

Taking the concept to the next level, talking with MeanGreen we thought maybe having an Oscar Awards type set up might be in order. Accept nominations for a period of time, have the 'academy' vote on winners for each category and announce the winners.

1. Hall of Fame Award (2)
2. Coolest Rig Award (1)
3. Best Vendor Award (1)
4. Most unique brewing set up/process (1)
5. Most Awesome Brew Space (1)
6. Best Chiller Award (1)
7. Most Violent Blowoff Award (as in fermentation, not the other kind) (1)
8. Best Moderator Award (1)
9. Best Avitar Award (1)

There are probably other categories as well, just a cool concept to ackowledge some of the awesome folks out here sharing skills and talents with those just getting started or trying to learn new things and improve the hobby. And those who just make it a bit more fun to read these threads!!

It's not a popularity contest, Francis.

If you want to kiss up to someone drop a few bucks in their account by clicking on their name and hitting "Donate."

You can even practice by clicking on my name and hitting donate.

If there was a better method of tracking rep similar to other v bulletin forums we probably wouldn't even need to debate this popularity contest.

I'll just nominate him for king of crapping on threads

If you dont like the thread why/read and post in it?

Hey, if a thread needs to be crapped on, i'm the first to pull down my drawers.:mug: After all, life isn't always puppies and flowers.

I like this idea!

I think EVERYONE should be considered a nominee and eliminated if any of the following conditions exist:
1. Has been a member less than one year
2. Has ever posted a mean message or reply
3. Has ever posted an off topic reply
4. Has ever posted a derogatory/degrading message or reply
5. Has ever posted a stupid message or reply

There... I think that should eliminate everyone... :D

but that's all any of my posts ever are!

Does not compute.

And you say this why? You think I do this for some ego gratification? You think I answer all the same questions over and over trying not to get too frustrated, AND put up with all the trolls, and haters, becasue I have some ego that needs to be fed?!!??

I don't do it for postcount, I don't do it for the thanks, and I am offended that you think so.

I do it to give back to the communtiy that gave so much to me when I was starting. I do it because I am tired of mis-information, and outdated "common wisdom" that repeatedly gets handed out as gospel, with little or no validity to it. I do it because I hate to see how scared new brewers are of their creations, thinking that if they even look their first brew wrong, it's going to be ruined. I do it to save beer being dumped because the new brewer did one thing "wrong" and is possitive that it's going to turn out bad. I do it to remind folks that this isn't brain surgery that it is a HOBBY and is supposed to be fun.

I don't do it to prove I have bigger knowledge than anyone else, or that I have a bigger "hydrometer" than anyone else.

I do it for the same reason that two Sundays ago, when my girlfriends next door neighbor OD huffing freon that Friday, and his mother found him two days later, that I went in after the cops and coroner took the body away, and cleaned out the blood and **** stained matress and pillows so the family wouldn't see how bad it was when they went in there.

Or sitting for hours with the mother whom walked into the church i was interning at after finding out that her sun had laid his head on a railroad track seconds before a train came, to commit suicide. Just holding her and letting her cry, and rage and vent. And giving up "fun" plans I had that afternoon to do so.

Or spending the hours and days after 9-11 crises counseling people, without getting to grieve on my own...and wallowing in their despair of people who lost friends and family on planes or in the towers...including a prominent minister who lost her Brother in law.

I do it for the same reason I became a minister, to help folks. Not for praise, not for thanks, but becasue I have skills and knowledge, that allows me to help folks. And I don't mind doing the dirty or repetitive jobs, if it means someone else doesn't have to.

I don't care about praise or thanks or honors, I never have, and it embarrases me when I get those threads on here where people do so. And I thank my brother Homercidal for understanding where I'm comming from.

But it does hurt that YOU think I do it for those shallow reasons like praise or ego.

Revvy, I got nothin but love for you my man.

This is the interwebs, and I can't help myself when I see an opportunity to crack on somebody. It was in good fun for my part. Don't take it personally. I appreciate your passion, and hell, I've learned from you as well. I still rock the bottling bucket pick up tube.

:mug:

Revvy, I got nothin but love for you my man.

This is the interwebs, and I can't help myself when I see an opportunity to crack on somebody. It was in good fun for my part. Don't take it personally. I appreciate your passion, and hell, I've learned from you as well. I still rock the bottling bucket pick up tube.

:mug:

No Problem! I just was surprised it came from you. :mug:

I think smizak was just confusing 'modesty' and 'subtlety'. I have never seen you be anything but modest about your beer knowledge, but I also think you are anything but subtle in your answers. That is certainly not a complaint by any means, people do need to be beaten over the head sometimes. Including me, which you have done without pause. Thanks.

Anyway, I like the group brew in their honor idea, although this might be because I will use any excuse to brew or drink beer. :mug:

EDIT: Well, smizak replied before me, but I will just leave it since it was meant as a compliment.

And you say this why? You think I do this for some ego gratification? You think I answer all the same questions over and over trying not to get too frustrated, AND put up with all the trolls, and haters, becasue I have some ego that needs to be fed?!!??

I don't do it for postcount, I don't do it for the thanks, and I am offended that you think so.

I do it to give back to the communtiy that gave so much to me when I was starting. I do it because I am tired of mis-information, and outdated "common wisdom" that repeatedly gets handed out as gospel, with little or no validity to it. I do it because I hate to see how scared new brewers are of their creations, thinking that if they even look their first brew wrong, it's going to be ruined. I do it to save beer being dumped because the new brewer did one thing "wrong" and is possitive that it's going to turn out bad. I do it to remind folks that this isn't brain surgery that it is a HOBBY and is supposed to be fun.

I don't do it to prove I have bigger knowledge than anyone else, or that I have a bigger "hydrometer" than anyone else.

I do it for the same reason that two Sundays ago, when my girlfriends next door neighbor OD huffing freon that Friday, and his mother found him two days later, that I went in after the cops and coroner took the body away, and cleaned out the blood and **** stained matress and pillows so the family wouldn't see how bad it was when they went in there.

Or sitting for hours with the mother whom walked into the church i was interning at after finding out that her sun had laid his head on a railroad track seconds before a train came, to commit suicide. Just holding her and letting her cry, and rage and vent. And giving up "fun" plans I had that afternoon to do so.

I do it for the same reason I became a minister, to help folks. Not for praise, not for thanks, but becasue I have skills and knowledge, that allows me to help folks. And I don't mind doing the dirty or repetitive jobs, if it means someone else doesn't have to.

I don't care about praise or thanks or honors, I never have, and it embarrases me when I get those threads on here where people do so. And I thank my brother Homercidal for understanding where I'm comming from.

But it does hurt that YOU think I do it for those shallow reasons like praise or ego.

okay, a simple "wrong" would've done just fine. :D :mug:

Alright guys, let's go back to our regularly schedule program before certain trolls come out sniffing blood. They just delight in this sort of thing, and can't see the difference between busting chops and bloodletting.

I think if anything the mods deserve HOF fame, for putting up with all of us, for no pay, and little fun.

Man, I wish I was a mod. BanHammer Fridays!!!!

There would be no one left on this forum after a month.

Agree, instead of a HBT Hall of Fame (which would just be a popularity recognition list), let's just all send 3 cheers to the mods for keeping this place civil and fun at the same time.

Man, I wish I was a mod. BanHammer Fridays!!!!

There would be no one left on this forum after a month.

Like this?

ban20hammer1gq4.jpg

BanHammer.jpg

If you look at the threads that got locked last night, I think it was thrown a lot yesterday. You can tell summer is here and the kiddies are out of school by the number of lock symbols on threads in my users cp. :D

Latest posts

Back