HBT Fantasy Football League

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree. Willis hasnt proven to be a good fit in the browns yet and the bills didnt up any yards to ray rice!

Well Mcgahee hasn't played any preason and has gotten better with each game he's played. He outscored MJD last week in fantasy points.

So I would be starting

RB1 Mcgahee

RB2 either waiver wire pick up, Ben Tate or MJD. Any waiver wire sleeper tips lol.

Personally, I'm hoping Willis finds his fit this week, since I currently have him in my starting lineup. Rice only had 5 carries last week and may have still been slowed by injury. Right guys? Right?

Damn 20 team league...

haha I know its rough with this many people.

Well Mcgahee hasn't played any preason and has gotten better with each game he's played. He outscored MJD last week in fantasy points.

So I would be starting

RB1 Mcgahee

RB2 either waiver wire pick up, Ben Tate or MJD. Any waiver wire sleeper tips lol.

Um, so you're disagreeing with our advice to start MJD?

I thought you just had one slot to fill with those 3. Between Ben Tate and MJD, definitely MJD.

No idea how deep your league is or who's available, so it's tough to say. As I mentioned, this is a 20 team league, so the waiver wire is pretty thin unless there are injuries. Even then, a lot of backups are already taken.

Um, so you're disagreeing with our advice to start MJD?

I thought you just had one slot to fill with those 3. Between Ben Tate and MJD, definitely MJD.

No idea how deep your league is or who's available, so it's tough to say. As I mentioned, this is a 20 team league, so the waiver wire is pretty thin unless there are injuries. Even then, a lot of backups are already taken.

Haha, i've just been disappointed with mjd's playing, but it makes sense, mjd over ben tate. If he lets me down again i'm trading him for a rookie kicker !!

Im taking a risk keeping Amendola on my team at this point hes only produced 10 points this year. But with limited availability on waivers, if he does get healthy I cant afford to lose him to a trade. He will be bradys number one target and that usually means fantasy points galore. Hoping this is the week I can actually start him, hes projected for 0 points this week though.

Im taking a risk keeping Amendola on my team at this point hes only produced 10 points this year. But with limited availability on waivers, if he does get healthy I cant afford to lose him to a trade. He will be bradys number one target and that usually means fantasy points galore. Hoping this is the week I can actually start him, hes projected for 0 points this week though.

thats cuz the pats just signed austin collie, who i picked up :D

hopefully a few weeks at most. Hes been working with rookies so far so this is a step up for him hands down

Yea, they've been doing well and winning games with limited offensive resources so far. It's gonna be interesting to see what happens when all of his weapons come back...

Amendola is good, hes only played in 1 game. If the pats stop rushing him to play he will recover. I have him at 8 points projected in my league.

OOOH plus he got those 10 points only playing like half a game

Damn I didn't know my team was that bad compared to baseballsmitty's!!

Yo Smitty, I think a side bet is in order!
Smitty vs. Smitty :D

What did you have in mind?
I know that being favored by this much means I'm gonna lose, so why not go ahead and ensure it by making a side wager as well?

When will Browns quarterbacks learn how to slide?!! :mad:

As much as I want to be hopeful, I think with Weeden in there it's like a wish in one hand and **** in the other.! At least I have more Ghost Pigeon Porter. :mug::drunk:

mcbaumannerb said:
When will Browns quarterbacks learn how to slide?!! :mad: As much as I want to be hopeful, I think with Weeden in there it's like a wish in one hand and **** in the other.! At least I have more Ghost Pigeon Porter. :mug::drunk:

Is that what happened to Hoyer? I wasn't watching but see Weeden in now. He looks ok.

Yeah ... Hoyer slid too late on a run, got hit and twisted in a very weird way.

Weeden isn't turning it over and if he can keep that up, they may have a three game winning streak!

Anybody elses oint predictions goin crazy?

Are you saying you think Seattle's D might score you more than 2 points against Indy? No crazier than usual.:cross:

So far the only thing I don't like about FF is that it leaves me kinda wanting guys to get injured. Especially when the team I'm playing has Reggie 'dont' look at me funny or I'll get hurt again' Bush and I really need Joique Bell to get some damn points this week.

Are you saying you think Seattle's D might score you more than 2 points against Indy? No crazier than usual.:cross:

So far the only thing I don't like about FF is that it leaves me kinda wanting guys to get injured. Especially when the team I'm playing has Reggie 'dont' look at me funny or I'll get hurt again' Bush and I really need Joique Bell to get some damn points this week.

Sorry all I got to say is clay matthews

No my page says 0 points for most of my and opponents players

Nice game for Willis.

Thought it was going to be canceled out by CJ Spiller's game, but wetfoot benched him :ban:

Sorry all I got to say is clay matthews

Unless you're sending me beer when I crush these fools, you can shut your pie hole. Unless you're saying you think Clay Matthews is going to hurt Reggie Bush and then by all means, continue your peanut gallery comments.

Unless you're sending me beer when I crush these fools, you can shut your pie hole. Unless you're saying you think Clay Matthews is going to hurt Reggie Bush and then by all means, continue your peanut gallery comments.

Lol ive never been to a peanut gallery. But *ahem* I was saying that greenbay will rule the NFC North.

Lol ive never been to a peanut gallery. But *ahem* I was saying that greenbay will rule the NFC North.

Then I've never been to a brewery. I must have missed you on the list of owners for the league.

As our fine commissioner would say 'I could give a Detroit sewer rat's a$$' about who wins what in the NFL, I'm just here for the beer.

then i've never been to a brewery. I must have missed you on the list of owners for the league.

As our fine commissioner would say 'i could give a detroit sewer rat's a$$' about who wins what in the nfl, i'm just here for the beer.

"booooooooooooooommmmmmmmm"

Cause some ass cant get his **** together I have to suffer. I lose the guy i scoped out last week. Im getting very bitter about tbos bull****

Haha here is how good the projection tool works. I know Sam Bradford had a terrible game against the 49ers but they have a good defense so it was expected. He only scored 6 points on my beach (was projected to score 12). This week I'm liking his matchup against the Jaguars better yet the projection tool is only projecting 4 points for him ? WTF.. I guess the variables they give the guesstimating calculator don't take into account WHO your going up against ?

Haha here is how good the projection tool works. I know Sam Bradford had a terrible game against the 49ers but they have a good defense so it was expected. He only scored 6 points on my beach (was projected to score 12). This week I'm liking his matchup against the Jaguars better yet the projection tool is only projecting 4 points for him ? WTF.. I guess the variables they give the guesstimating calculator don't take into account WHO your going up against ?

I believe his projected total is lower because Venus is descending this weekend. ;)

I believe his projected total is lower because Venus is descending this weekend. ;)

True :D Funny that they even bother to make the tool when it is that terrible.. My running back Wilson never scores anything close to what they project but this weekend he only has to score 4 points against Philly. I wish I could say that it is going to be tough for him but__ Philly no look too good.. :(

Go Bradford I'm going to bet on the over for you and sit Tannehill who is projected to score 4 times as many points as you this weekend. What's the worst that could happen I'm 1-3... :ban:

1.jpg

I bench Spiller two minutes before the game thinking about the ankle and he drops a 54 yard TD. Classic overthinking

I bench Spiller two minutes before the game thinking about the ankle and he drops a 54 yard TD. Classic overthinking

Yea, last time I checked your lineup he was starting. Didn't realize you benched him until after the game.

I picked up Choice for insurance, but then heard both Jackson and Spiller were good to go.

I haven't found the projections to be all that bad an indicator, with a few exceptions that were so obvious that I just ignored them. I think it very much takes into account who you are playing. If you click on a player, it will tell you who he is playing against and how that defense ranks in terms of giving up points to players at his position. Now, does it go the next step and take into account who those defenses have faced? I do not know.

The guru, however, has some sort of hardon for Blaine Gabbert. It has told me on multiple occasions to start him over Romo. Gabbert isn't even solidly a starter, let alone someone I want to rely on for QB points.

Back