Hazed and Infuzed: Pale ale or brown ale?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boulder's H&I: Is it a APA or Brown Ale?

• Pale Ale

• Brown Ale

Results are only viewable after voting.

JBrady

Reaction score
Boulder's Hazed and Infuzed claims to be a dry hopped pale ale, but the flavor and color of the beer have me believing that this maybe should be classified as a american brown ale. Which style do you think better represents this beer?

Haven't had it.

Send me one and I'll give you my impression. :)

HAHA, nice try! I will definitely recommend that if you ever come across it, try it. Its a different taste for sure. It has a huge hop flavor but with very little hop bitterness, and the roasted barley is something that we usually don't get to experience in our pale ales.

I've had quite a few that were nice and hoppy with very little toasty character at all. Though I have noticed with a few bottles that were a little on the older side the hops had significantly backed away and the malt was making a much bigger presence. Don't know if you had some older bottles, or if our palettes are just completely different!

I've had quite a few that were nice and hoppy with very little toasty character at all. Though I have noticed with a few bottles that were a little on the older side the hops had significantly backed away and the malt was making a much bigger presence. Don't know if you had some older bottles, or if our palettes are just completely different!

I know what you mean gduck, I've had some that were noticeably more bitter, but they were few and far between here on the east coast, lol. I do definitely get the roasted character coming through though. Maybe its just our different palettes.

My impression is it's a Pale Ale with a minimal amount of roasted barley for color and a hint of roast. I agree it can be a little malty, but definitely more hop forward. It has a noble hop flavor with some american hops, that I don't think is that great of a combo, but an enjoyable brew nonetheless.

Back