Hawaii NewB on Mr Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewBrothaRick

Reaction score
Hey everybody,
Before I introduce myself, I'd just like to say that this forum is friggin awesome. I've been lurking for a day or so reading posts. You guys are so helpful and informative. I look forward to learning and eventually contributing my experiences.

Well... I bought a MrBeer kit on the internet based on a friend's recommendation from icy cold NY. I used to live there but have been residing in sunny Hawaii for the past 6 years or so. I made a batch of west coast pale ale and loved sampling large amounts of the wort the entire 7 days of fermentation. (a typical MrBeer batch produces 8 1 liter bottles but I only had enough to fill 6 bottles).

My current situation:
Primary: Jud Light (Pale LME with some honey and Williamette hops)
Primary: Cowboy Lager
Conditioning: American Classic Light (8 bottles this time)
Drinking: Storebought bottles of Gordon Biersch (too new to have my own supply)

I did buy another MrBeer fermenter. Yeah, I know, I should consider a REAL homebrewing kit. But it's not so easy since my GF isn't so into my brewing. I have to get through her first. So... it might be a few months before I can acquire a REAL kit. In the meantime I'll see what I can do with what I have.

BrewBrothaRick:)

Hi BrewBrothaRick-

I love the Mr Beer mini kegs! I've got 5 of them! Also have 10 - 3 gallon corney kegs to dispense the brew in. I have a 6.5 gallon conical but use the Mr Beer kegs most of the time. Great to experiment with. I just love to brew.

Debi

BrewBrothaRick said:
Hey everybody,
Before I introduce myself, I'd just like to say that this forum is friggin awesome. I've been lurking for a day or so reading posts. You guys are so helpful and informative. I look forward to learning and eventually contributing my experiences.

Well... I bought a MrBeer kit on the internet based on a friend's recommendation from icy cold NY. I used to live there but have been residing in sunny Hawaii for the past 6 years or so. I made a batch of west coast pale ale and loved sampling large amounts of the wort the entire 7 days of fermentation. (a typical MrBeer batch produces 8 1 liter bottles but I only had enough to fill 6 bottles).

My current situation:
Primary: Jud Light (Pale LME with some honey and Williamette hops)
Primary: Cowboy Lager
Conditioning: American Classic Light (8 bottles this time)
Drinking: Storebought bottles of Gordon Biersch (too new to have my own supply)

I did buy another MrBeer fermenter. Yeah, I know, I should consider a REAL homebrewing kit. But it's not so easy since my GF isn't so into my brewing. I have to get through her first. So... it might be a few months before I can acquire a REAL kit. In the meantime I'll see what I can do with what I have.

BrewBrothaRick:)

I live on Oahu as well. Started out with Mr. Beer, but am upgrading to a five gallon set-up in November. The Mr. Beer fermenter works great, and if you haven't been over to the Hawaii Style Homebrew store check it out. You can cut a five gallon recipe in half, and it have it turn out just fine.

My biggest complaint with the Mr. Beer is the ungodly cost for shipping if you order the mixes from them.

Have a great day.

Hey Bra! Hows it? You like go surf?(my attemp at pigeon! LOL!)

Welcome, from the Bay area! Enjoy!

PS- Originally from Da Bronx!

Latest posts

Back