Have you heard of Milk Coffee?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kodiakken

Reaction score
Fifty years ago when was a lot younger my mother use to make for a treat what she called milk coffee. All I remember about it was it started out as brewed coffee then Chicory was added and Whole cream. I don't remember the exact ingredients or the amount that was added to make this brew.
I know I really liked it, Mom has passed many years ago and if any of you could help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank Ken.:mug:

No I haven't. Have you tried Google? There are Aces things there that might be what you are looking for.

No luck yet on Google.

It wasn't a syrup that I remember but it was brewed in the old coffee pot.

Thanks Ken.

I used to have something just like that at a Tunisian restaurant I went to in Tokyo. It wasn't called "milk coffee," though. It was chicory and cream, but I can't remember if it had coffee in it (as chicory is oftentimes used as a substitute for coffee). It did taste like it had coffee in it, but that might just be part of chicory's flavor when used as a coffee substitute. "Coffee" was in the name, though.

worlddivides. Thanks for the reply.
When Mom made it I believe there was a Teaspoon or Tablespoon of Chicory the cream I think was a half cup or cup. Dang I wish I would have had her write it out....
Worst is it was all made by memory like most of the older people (real cooks) do! LOL.

Ken.

My grandmother used to make milk coffee, and i loved that. Sometimes i make it for myself, just adding some milk in my coffee.

Latest posts

Back