Have you ever put a crown cap in a 1 litre EZ flipper top cap bottle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

letsbrew

Reaction score
Well as many have had troubles with carbonation using flipper top cap bottles specially EZ cap bottles, and the fact that we have to change the rubber every 3-4 batches i came up with the idea of using normal crown caps because the bottle neck it seems that can fit a crown cap.

Im talking about 1 litre EZ cap bottle look this picture and you will see that its neck has that rounded shape to place a crown cap http://www.bottless.net/EZ_Cap_32oz_1Liter_Amber_Swing_Top_Bottle_p/ezcap32a.htm

But i dont know if the size is for 26mm or 29mm pry off caps. And im afraid to use the bench capper to do a test (im afraid to possible brake the neck if they werent able to place a crown cap)

If this idea works i could use with more confidence the EZ cap bottle and i dont mind to work more with crown caps.

:mug:

thats right! thats why i tried to mean, mine are EZ cap brand and also have a similar opening i will have to take some bottles to compare them. They look nice too with crown caps! and i will prefer not dealing with flat beer with the flipper top caps ;)

Back