Have I gone too far?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewagentjay

Reaction score
I just settled in to drink a Michelob Amber Bock as I finish some paper grading before final exam tomorrow.....

I loved this beer for a long time now.....and well I notice a slight metal taste to the beer it's slight and it's in all the ones from this 6 pack so far....

It's newer 6 pack I had for 2 weeks and it's freshness date....

Have I crossed to a point of no return....I drink every beer different now I If I'm not drunk then I'm tasting for everything I can find in a beer even if I had it a 100 times.....

Now I noticed I like the beer but I don't like it like I used too....I prefer my green irish stout I had today....:rockin:

Confused :drunk:

im getting to be in the same boat, i judge every beer i drink harshly and the beers i once loved dont seem so great anymore.

:( I hate to see my old favs go....we had some good times.....just last night really knocked me for a loop on that taste of the amber bock....

I seriously would kill a 12 pack of those easy and comeback for more....perhaps on draft will still be okay....else I'm gonna have to do a clone :rockin:

I have the same "condition". I can't enjoy a "store bought" beer for what it is. I take a sip and think "pretty good, but what if they....." all I do is look for ways to improve it. the SWMBO refers to this as pure Homebrew snobbery... "they need to have support groups for guys like you", I just laugh and say "maybe, but they really do need to add a little more late addition hops (or whatever)".

I hear ya....I don't want to be a beer snob I just want my beer to taste great no matter if I make it or someone else....

I'm worried all my goto beers are gonna be a let down for me now.

Yeah, I loved SA Cream Stout. So I made a clone. Was drinking mine and thought something was off. I bought a 6 pack, and they are identical. I thought I screwed up the batch, but it's just the beer .....

Yeah, I loved SA Cream Stout. So I made a clone. Was drinking mine and thought something was off. I bought a 6 pack, and they are identical. I thought I screwed up the batch, but it's just the beer .....

:rockin: cool well at least your's is right on....now just got to improve on the beer and you'll be happy right?

I always buy a 6er of what I'm brewing if it's a clone.....not sure why just part of the process for me

I have met very few beers I didn't like, and even fewer that I would not drink. Remember your ancestors and the sludgy, unhopped, super sweet crap they drank and be thankful. We live in the golden age of beer. So raise that glass of swill your drinkin and let it put a smile on your face...

Yep, same thing here. AmberBock was one of my favorite beers before I started homebrewing, now I can notice that same metallic twang in every single beer they make. I'm pretty critical of every beer I drink now, I don't know if it's a blessing or a curse! :drunk:

Yep, same thing here. AmberBock was one of my favorite beers before I started homebrewing, now I can notice that same metallic twang in every single beer they make. I'm pretty critical of every beer I drink now, I don't know if it's a blessing or a curse! :drunk:

Gald to see I'm not alone on this metallic taste....I swear it's almost as if that wasn't there before now.....

Gald to see I'm not alone on this metallic taste....I swear it's almost as if that wasn't there before now.....

Having a more sensitive palette is a double-edged sword, I have to imagine they have a lot of iron in their water or something.

Even craft brews vary, so evaluating each beer is reasonable. If you get to the point that you no longer enjoy beer because everything is flawed in some way, then yes you have gone over-board.

Racer X was my water-shed. Loved the stuff, but the last one I had was nasty. Not that I won't try it again next time it's at a fest, but I won't get a pint upfront.

I don't want to go that far....I just was curious....if that was the direction I was heading.

Could just be the pride that goes into our beers that make them better! But yes I do not enjoy BMC like I use to. That does not mean I will turn down a free beer!

Latest posts

Back