Has anyone used the weldless element enclusure from brewhardware.com?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RussPDX

Reaction score
Has anyone used the weldless element enclusure from brewhardware.com?

https://www.brewhardware.com/product_p/ewl3.htm

For the $26 it seems like a nice solution and much more reasonable than the $100 plus that I see for other element enclosures.

I appreciate any comments, reviews or information.

-Russ

That's what I use. I silver soldered a tri clover so it's a snap to take apart and clean too. No problems for me. I have used it for about a year now with multiple brews and would recommend it.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I usedy "Hot Rod 2000W" last night
Worked like a charm!!!!
No propane at all for Strike/Sparge water!
Plugged her in at about 3:30 in a keggle full of 15 gallons of 60F water...at 6:30 I was at 170F
Magic.
Thank you Brewhardware!!
We banged out a 10 gallon batch by 10:30 with cleanup done (4 hrs)
I love this thing

I purchased a couple of the weldless ones yesterday. I'm really looking forward to getting them.

For these enclosures: Does anyone use food-grade silicone adhesive/sealant on the inside of the housing around the element like kal does on his enclosure? Does it need it? Any reason not to seal it?

Hobnob

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I bought the gangbox to do it the KAL way.This seems easier,no drilling of the box and looks nicer for cheap.Im wondering if there is a reason people are using the gangbox? Following thread, building this week

Since there was no negative feedback, I went ahead and ordered one. Once I get it put together I will update the thread with some details from my exp.

-Russ

I ordered one a couple of days ago. Was going to go the gang-box way, but couldn't find one that I liked at the big box stores here. Thought about getting the "Hot Rod", but decided I wanted it permanent. Also thought about getting the solder-on triclover fitting style, but was too cheap, so in the end, I just got the weldless kit.

So theres no downside ? Waterproof issues?Not that IM stickin a 20 gallon pot in the dishwasher. It just seems odd that most here recommend or do the gangbox. With this theres no drillpress,jb weld painting nothing,drill a hole in the pot and your done.Seems like EVERYONE would go this route. I just sold myself..Im buyin

I've used mine for about 7 or 8 brews now, I really like them. Only thing I had an issue with was trying to slide my cable with the braid covering and heat shrink through the cord grip that comes with the enclosure. In order to get it to fit I removed the heat shrink and used a little keg lube and everything slid in fine. I've had a couple of boil overs learning my new rig that went over the enclosure...no problems at all. They're very simple, but what more do you need really? If I had triclover I would have gone with those for the ease of removing the elements, but I like these just fine.

edit...and attaching the ground wire was a pita, but not impossible.

Back