has anyone ever used the stream line soda maker to carbonate beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

armytrucker

Reaction score
new to home brewing but was wondering if anyone has ever used that stream line soda maker to carbonate beer

I actually just posted my experience doing this on the newbie forum.

Let's just say.. I'm glad my wife can laugh things off as the bottle shout out of my hand and across the kitchen as a chocolate milk stout rocket of doom.

I actually just posted my experience doing this on the newbie forum.

Let's just say.. I'm glad my wife can laugh things off as the bottle shout out of my hand and across the kitchen as a chocolate milk stout rocket of doom.

I was just about to say how I read recently how someone tried to use it and it spewed everywhere

I saw another post where a guy did it, but his point was that soda is carb'd to like 60 PSI vs the very low 2-4 volumes found in beers.

I saw another post where a guy did it, but his point was that soda is carb'd to like 60 PSI vs the very low 2-4 volumes found in beers.

This is exactly the case.

When I first hit it with the CO2, it foamed up to the top, and I stopped. My wife even looked over and said "Let it sit, and it's probably ready."

Of course, I went.. "But it didn't buzz!" and hit the button again, until it buzzed.

That's when I made an even bigger mistake. I didn't wait, and started to unscrew the bottle.

Away it went. A wonderful smelling and perfectly textured chocolate milk stout creme foam as the bottle shot across the kitchen.

What was left in the bottle when it came to a rest though, was amazing. :drunk:

Let's say you bottled in the Sodastream bottle without using the machine to carbonate it, and let it bottle condition. That would work fine, right? Do they hold carbonation well?

Back