has anyone bottled carb'd in Arbor Mist bottles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goodbyebluesky82

Reaction score
I tried the search function, no luck finding any threads that would confirm or deny these bottles can handle carb'd homebrew or sparkling cider.

They obviously have to handle some amount of Co2 pressure since its listed in the ingredients of this fizzy kooliad wine, and they are an abundant source of clear bottles for my ciders. (girlfriend loves the stuff).

Gonna try it soon with just one bottle or two, and the rest of my batch in something else, but was just curious if anyone had created bottle bombs with them or not.

Thanks.

if its as carb'd as the typical wine cooler, the glass should be thick enough for normal beers..maybe not high high CO2 volumes for a few styles, but surely 'most'.

are they twist top wine caps or can you actually crown cap em? i'm jsut not sure you can get it twisted tight enough with the original cap to really carb right. just a guess. worth trying!

Twist top. I'm gonna try it with just one bottle first and see.

My LHBS sells PET bottles with twist off caps. If those can work for repeated uses, then I imagine (and hope) to get at least one or two uses out of an Arbor Mist bottle and twist cap. Otherwise I'm gonna break down and buy champagne bottles and corks/wire cages for future ciders.

Back