Hard Liver Barleywine Fest in Seattle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PNWgirl

Reaction score
www.hardliver.com

Anyone checking this out??

I'll definitely be there at least one night, though they guy at Bottleworks mentioned not to go the first day as it will be a zoo. I'm hoping to hit it up Sunday or Monday night.... work will not be good the next day :cross:

Brewtopia was talking about going to that. I'm not sure if I will, but it does sound interesting....

I will definitely be there. I have some friends coming up from Portland for the event. Would love to meet up with some fellow HBT'ers.

Unfortunately I will not be making this one. I'm using my "honey, I'm going to a beer event ticket" for the end of the month in Portland.

Originally posted by McKBrew
I'm using my "honey, I'm going to a beer event ticket" for the end of the month in Portland.

Does this mean your missing the cask fest as well?

Brewtopia said:
Does this mean your missing the cask fest as well?

Yes. I'm not going to make that one either. As much as I'd like to go, being gone two weekends in a row is not going to go over well.

Just realized this weekend is St. Patty's as well... oi.

It will be crowded but I think it would be fun that night. I still haven't decided what night(s) I am going...

cask fest????????
where? when?

hmmm... barleywine... yum...
have recently tried:
Full Sail Old Boardhead
Stone Old Guardian
Great Divide Old Ruffian

the Boardhead was awesome, and the best bang for your buck at my local store...
Old Guardian was the best, but needs to age for a while longer...

I'm going to the Barleywine fest probably Saturday evening. I'm going through a crazy barleywine fit and I brewed my first one last weekend so I really feel like I can't miss it. Though I'm not sure how good an idea it is to try 30+ barleywines. :drunk:

And I'm so freakin' excited about the cask fest! I'm going to the evening session.

Brewtopia- Is Stix going to be there? I didn't see their name on the list.

Still haven't decided when I'm going to the Barleywine fest, maybe on Sunday.

But I'll definitely be at the cask festival for the evening session!

Cheers

Originally posted by shmevinator
Brewtopia- Is Stix going to be there? I didn't see their name on the list.

Stix will be at the Cask Fest pouring DeSantis Strong Ale aged on Port Wine soaked oak cubes.

Also the Stix Barley Wine at Hard Liver is actually the Barley Wine that my brewing partner and I brewed using the first runnings of Stix IPA. We brewed it at his house early last summer. I'll be heading over to Brouwer's tonight.

Just got back from Hard Liver. Went upstairs for the private tasting where they started opening bottles at 11am Sunday morning. They poured for 12 hours straight and went through a record 151 bottles! Most of the bottles were at least 22oz. or more.

I sampled 1987 Samichlaus, 2003 Cantillon Lou Pepe Geueze, 2002 and 2005 Cuvee de Thomme, 2001 Fred from the Wood, Founders 10th Anniversary, Hair of the Dog Dave (29% Bourbon Barrel Aged Barleywine), and numerous other beers that I can't recall.:drunk:

An amazing night!

Man, Brewtopia's got all the connections.

I went Sunday afternoon, but was sampling with all of the common folk, and had a really good time. Got through about 11 samples or so before I was done. (What, there were 40 more to go?)

Loved the Hair of the Dog Doggie Claws '08 and the Pike Old Bawdy '96- something about drinking a 12 year old beer was quite awesome.

And some others that weren't so great, but hey, they were all worth drinking. I didn't try the Stix, but maybe I'll get back to Brouwers this week for another tasting.

Back