Hard cider with lactose

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schmurf

Reaction score
if I want to sweeten my cider with lactose and also for possible increase in mouthfeel, would it matter if i add lactose directly when i start fermentation or if i add when bottle/keg? any pros/cons doing either or does it not matter at all?

I've thought about adding lactose to cider. I add it to my milk stouts and double chocolates but I'm curious how that mouth feel would be on cider.

Let us know the results, please.

Doesn't matter. If adding it later, dissolve to prevent foam.

I agree. Add it whenever. I like to add it right before packaging so I can gauge how much I think I want to add, or add a little at a time until it tastes good. You can always add more, but once it is in there you can't take it out.

I agree. Add it whenever. I like to add it right before packaging so I can gauge how much I think I want to add, or add a little at a time until it tastes good. You can always add more, but once it is in there you can't take it out.
And what is your go to quantity for un demi-dry cider ?

Latest posts

Back