Hard Apple Lemonade?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheyneco

Reaction score
All hard lemonade recipes I have seen use lemonade concentrate and water. Has anyone used applejuice to add an apple favor and a little extra sugar content? Maybe just ferment the cider then back sweeten/carb with lemonade concentrate?

Seems like it would be a refreshing summer drink aged a few months and carbed. Would this work? Anyone done it?

I would think backsweetening a must here. Tart apple and tart lemon when dry will make you pucker

Ferment out the apple juice then a can of Apple juice concentrate and a can of lemonade concentrate. Stove top pasteurized when carbed. Would that be enough back sweetening?

For a five gallon batch I would think that would be sweet but very tasty. Obviously it depends how sweet you like your beverages, but I use two 12 oz cans of concentrate to sweeten 5 gallons of cider to good effect. Interested in the results of your lemonade cider!

Back