Hanna 98128 Calibration Help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jnacey

Reaction score
So, it seems my pH meter is going nuts. I'm trying to do a two-point calibration with 7.01 and 4.01 solution. When I put the meter into calibration mode and it comes up and says "7.01 Use", I put it into the 7.01 solution. Then, it switches to saying "10.01 REC". It used to just stay on 7.01 REC and then move to the 4.01 solution once it registered that calibration point. Whats happening? I'm in the middle of a Berliner brew and I really need to get my meter working. Help! Thanks!

It thinks the 7ph is 10ph for some reason. Is it fresh?, did you rinse the tip before putting it in?

I would either reset it to the last saved value, or try to calibrate it with the 4ph instead.

jnacey,

It seems like the meter has gone into a single point calibration mode. I'm not sure how to put it in single point cal mode (or if the meter just "decides" to do so based on the calibration sample). If there is no way to switch between single point and two point calibration methods, then I'd guess it's the electrode. Good luck with your meter!

I spoke with Hanna and they indicated that this is symptomatic of a bad electrode and they'll be sending a new one.

Back