Handy dandy hide-away work table

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CreekBrewery

Reaction score
Thought some of the other garage brewers might like my work surface. This table folds away so there's no footprint and it sticks off the wall just a few inches. Build this last summer and it has held up perfectly.

I put a latch in to hold it against the wall while up then use a carabiner to lock it. There's also a 2x4 across the bottom (not installed yet in the folded up picture but you can see it in the side shot with gear on the table) so when the table is folded down it's not just hanging by the hinges although they should be enough.

http://imgur.com/a/yOoOW#nOcsN

Enjoy :mug:

I don't exactly see where you have it latched in the "up" position. Is that in the photo and I'm just missing it?

EDIT: in fact, I don't see a place on the table where you'd even connect a carbiner.

I love the idea...it's too bad I can't really brew in my garage but I could still use a table like that.

Just a quick idea for your work table.

Put a 2X4 along the wall under the table(when down) and then put studs from there to the floor for support.

This will increase the load capacity and save damage to the hinges.

I had an experiance with something like this and one hinge gave out.

I don't exactly see where you have it latched in the "up" position. Is that in the photo and I'm just missing it?

EDIT: in fact, I don't see a place on the table where you'd even connect a carbiner.

I love the idea...it's too bad I can't really brew in my garage but I could still use a table like that.

Just a quick idea for your work table.

Put a 2X4 along the wall under the table(when down) and then put studs from there to the floor for support.

This will increase the load capacity and save damage to the hinges.

I had an experiance with something like this and one hinge gave out.

first off using chrome or fireFox drag this bookmark to your tool bar
http://goggles.sneakygcr.net/

then click on think link http://i.imgur.com/dW6lU.jpg

click on the goggles button to see my notes.

-=Jason=-

Well done sir... this may be my next garage project.
I have a treadmill against the wall and it takes up sooo much space. I can see this table over the treadmill, that can easily be stored against the wall when I need to workout.

i like the idea. If i could only get my garage cleaned out enough to use if for something other then a storage area for everything else.

Nice project. Thanks for posting. Do the legs fold up as well?

no, they at up against the ceiling, I suppose if your table was shorter you would wants the legs to fold up so you don't smack your head on them.

-=Jason=-

I have the flooring in the stairwell to my basement set up similar. I can fold the floor up against the wall to go downstairs, or lay the floor down to walk on and use that space for a closet.

When the floor section is against the wall, I have a screen door latch holding it up against the wall. The nice thing about that device is you can just pull the thing and it releases, and when you push it back up, it latches in the up position. Since the weight of the floor is not pulling down, it doesn't take much to hold it in place.

Latest posts

Back