Haier vs. Edgestar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brasco20

Reaction score
Im new to the site and new to brewing. Im going to get a kegerator, and have narrowed it down between the Haier and the Edgestar. Im going for the basic single tap, base model. I would like to hear what you guys think about these, and which one you would choose.

Thanks in advance

Brasco

Haier is a junk brand. I worked in an appliance store for 5 years and the sales people constantly complained about them. Customers were always bringing them back too.

Visit the great people over at the MicroMatic forums. When I was building my kegerator I got a lot of help from them. Search on both of those kegerators and you'll find tons of useful information along with tips/tricks to dial it in.

How bout the edgestar, are they any better?

Speaking from ownership experience, I think the Edgestar is a good value. Mine worked great out of the box. Had to tinker with the thermostat for about 2min and now I am pouring a cool 39F liquid temp!

Don't wanna hijack the thread but I am paying my respects to Ronnie James.....truly one of the most powerful voices EVER! RIP DIO

Also, I want to add that I agree with whutever, definitely go to micromatic.com forum. They have a great thread on the Edgestar and how to go about adjusting the thermostat. Usually they come with the minimum set temp a little high.

My avatar is in honor of the late and great DIO! Dio can you hear me? I am lost and so alone...

I've only had my haier kegerator for about a year but it has been great to me so far. I bought it for $300 as a scratch and dent model (it has one tiny scratch on the door) :)

Oh, and it stays super cold too...

Back