Gypsy Juice Brewing Presents...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magickbottle

Reaction score
Gypsy Juice _ Peach Kaos (6 gallon batch)
6 lb can of peaches (3 of 'em)
6 lb can of fruit coctail (1 of 'em)
6 lbs sugar
water
15 g packet of coopers brewers yeast

total cost ~ 25$

First of all, the peaches, fruit, and sugar mixed up without any water will result in almost 5 gallons of stuff. Youl need to guess at how much water you'l need. I have many sizes of carboys so whatever i siphon out of the primary will have an appropriate sized secondary. i make it so it results in 6 gallons. i do everything by eye DO NOT CRUSH FRUIT!

ferment for 10 days then siphon off the liquid

collect fruit in quart sized mason jars, use pressure canner to pasturize or campden. you can freeze them to extract pure alcohol. you can also throw them in as a garnish for mixed drinks with soda. put a bunch in a blender with vanilla ice cream. Either way, it's too damn good to waste!

Finish wine until it clears. Personaly i like to leave my wines with a small amount of cloudiness, it gives it a rich color and flavor. This wine will finish very dark even when it's clear. It has a deep rich gold color.

I find that at week 4 after bottling the wine is much mellower and ready to drink.

WARNING - this recipe will result in a very smooth wine that will knock you out fast! It's earned a reputation in my area and a nearby university. The flavor is very sweet and peachy... almost like spiked cream soda. It mixes well with sprite and you can garnish it with some of those peaches you saved.

Back