Gushers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadDeacon

Reaction score
Think I may have a few bottles that are infected. One bottle is ok after opening, a few (4 or 5 this far) gush after opening. What is the best way to get these cleaned out? I have previously only scrubbed, rinsed, and run through the dish washer. Should I oxy clean and starsan all of them until I have a clean slate?

Beer tastes fine and I am sure I mixed priming sugar well.

Thanks!

BadDeacon

I would rinse out the empty bottles with soap and hot water and then run them through the dishwasher with my other dirty dishes. On bottling day I would sanitize each bottle with Starsan before bottling. Make sure you sanitize the bottle caps and anything else that will touch the beer on bottling day.

I would rinse out the empty bottles with soap and hot water and then run them through the dishwasher with my other dirty dishes. On bottling day I would sanitize each bottle with Starsan before bottling. Make sure you sanitize the bottle caps and anything else that will touch the beer on bottling day.
I would add the use of a bottle brush to ensure you get any gunk that may be stuck in the bottle.

Back