Guitars!!! Weahhhran

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kokopuff829

Reaction score
Does anyone like and/or play guitars I have a Ibanez Lefty a Fender Acoustic and a Generic guitar I made with Fender Electronics the best I've had. You guys have any good or cool guitars?

My younger brother and co brewer does. He has about 10 guitars. Not sure all the names but one he actually had custom made for him when he was in Spain. He's been playing for probably about 15 years I'd guesstimate. He studies it in school and even played during my wedding ceremony.

Acoma said:
My younger brother and co brewer does. He has about 10 guitars. Not sure all the names but one he actually had custom made for him when he was in Spain. He's been playing for probably about 15 years I'd guesstimate. He studies it in school and even played during my wedding ceremony.

Wow :eek: I only can play Greenday, Bush, Nirvana, foo fighters and some other stuff.

I have too many. Fender Strat, Gibson Les Paul Custom, PRS Custom 22 & Custom 24, Ibanez RG550, Taylor 714ce, a few others in there too...those are the main ones. You could say that my guitar obsession is on the backburner while brewing is cranked up to 11. Who knows, maybe one day it will swing back the other way.

Thats funny you say that. Nirvana was his first favorite band that really inspired him to get started when he was younger. It seems like such a cool hobby. I wish I picked it up when he did. He is just getting into painting with acrylics. He is definitely artistic. The best part is he brings his guitar over and plays while we drink and brew.

I have too many. Fender Strat, Gibson Les Paul Custom, PRS Custom 22 & Custom 24, Ibanez RG550, Taylor 714ce, a few others in there too...those are the main ones. You could say that my guitar obsession is on the backburner while brewing is cranked up to 11. Who knows, maybe one day it will swing back the other way.

I'm right with ya, but my passion are Gibson Les Pauls. I had close to 15 Les Pauls. A few vintage pieces too. I still have a couple 50's Juniors. I sold a bunch last year. I don't play as much as I use to since I starting brewing. I have a very nice PRS that I haven't played in a while. I have to pull that one out.

I practice an ec200. Been a good guitar, especially after i put the hz's in!

I have a guitar, but it only makes noise. I wish I knew an instructor who would work for beer.

I have an old ass messed up Gibson acoustic (head stock is broke in half and glued together- it works and sounds great though) and an Epiphone electric.. o, and a Kramer that I haven't touched in like 20 years... I play some still but mostly just a little blues and strumming to entertain the kids.... this thread is making me miss playing.

I've got an old acoustic made in Czechlozavakia from when I was a kid. Last summer I had it signed at Taste of Madison by all the bands who played the rock stage. Smile Empty Soul, Powerman 5000, and Nonpoint to name a few.

Chops said:
I've got an old acoustic made in Czechlozavakia from when I was a kid. Last summer I had it signed at Taste of Madison by all the bands who played the rock stage. Smile Empty Soul, Powerman 5000, and Nonpoint to name a few.

I know it's off topic but I might be getting a Czechoslovakian pistol the CZ52 I really want a Gretsch White Falcon and a Epiphone Dot but I don't have $2500 or $4000 dollars to spend.

Me: Gibson Les Paul, Sg and Es-137

SHMBO: Gibson Les Paul, SG and Takamine acoustic

Yeah, we are a Gibson couple.:rockin:

I have an early 2000's Gibson Les Paul, a Heritage 535 (335-type), a cheapo Sigma acoustic (Martin knock-off), and a couple of Strats I assembled using either Warmoth or USA Custom parts (one of each). Also have an old Kramer Focus Strat-shaped (but pointy headstock) guitar with original Floyd Rose but I never play that one anymore. I was just playing the USA Custom Strat into my homebrewed Trainwreck Rocket (AC30 Top Boost inspired amp) with a Chandler Tube Driver and an H&K Replex last night.

Here's the Heritage:
Heritage.jpg

The Les Paul next to another homebrew amp (it's not nearly that red irl):
PSXFrontPaul.jpg

The Homebrew Strats (USA Custom on left, Warmoth on right). The USA Custom was finished by the guy who does Brad Paisley's paisley Teles::
HomebrewStrats2.jpg

And another one I almost forgot, a Dickerson Lap Steel guitar/amp rig from the 1940's in beautiful teal mother-of-toilet seat (with a Marshall 2555 head and another homebrew 50W Marshall 'smallbox' head in background):
DickersonRig1.jpg

unfortunately I've sold some nicer ones through the years,but have been playing a Fender F-65 for the last 35 years.I do enjoy playing a Taylor and plan on getting one before long.

I have a RI made Guild cut away electric/acoustic that sadly sits under the bed unplayed.

Played it for 10 years or so and realized I much prefer listening to someone talented.

Then my at the time 17 year old soon to be step son confirmed it. Some people are meant to play music and others simply are not. Sadly, I fall in the latter group.

I freaking love the guitar, but I'll let folks like Steve Kimock play them.

oh geez. . i have a slew of stuff, and im always lookin for new players to jam with. my pride n joy is my 1982 gibson les paul custom with the tobaco sunburst. got a custom strat texas special, a richenbacker 360 12 string, gibson sg faded special with crescent moon inlays, a parker fly, a gibson sg cherry classic with p30 pickups, an old ass hagstrom in perfect shape with the nickel pickup covers, a fender acoustic and a 73 martin acoustic. also got a fender p bass, and a dan electro baritone electric guitar.

and even more classic amps thain guitars. two marshall jcm2000 100 watt full stacks with the av and bv cabs loaded with celestian greenback 30's. a couple vox ac 30's. got a 67 pre cbs bassman and a pre cbs super reverb. two fender twins both from 73. a roland jc 120, an SWR goliathII full stack, a bassman 135 full stack with two dual 15" cabs with the orange frame jbl speakers, a fender studio bass, and finally the little baby brother, a marshall mg15 mini stack.

music is only the biggest passion of my life. any other classic amp guys out there? id post pics, but no camera right now. guess where all my money goes? definatly not beer and music.

lets see..... Martin D-28 ("spare tire" in case I break a string) 1976 Mossman Flint Hills, 1979 Mossman 12-string Flint Hills (it's for sale), Paul Beard metal body resonator guitar, and my primary axe, Huss and Dalton TDR custom. Also keep an early 70's Gibson RB-250 banjo in the closet... oh, almost forgot, there is a Mexican Telecaster with "Texas Tele" pick-ups in there someplace too....

I have an early 2000's Gibson Les Paul, a Heritage 535 (335-type), a cheapo Sigma acoustic (Martin knock-off), and a couple of Strats I assembled using either Warmoth or USA Custom parts (one of each). Also have an old Kramer Focus Strat-shaped (but pointy headstock) guitar with original Floyd Rose but I never play that one anymore. I was just playing the USA Custom Strat into my homebrewed Trainwreck Rocket (AC30 Top Boost inspired amp) with a Chandler Tube Driver and an H&K Replex last night.[/IMG]

Love the lap steel rig!

I also have a Sigma Martin. Had it for over 20 years and it sounds great. Otherwise, I have a Les Paul Gold Top, Mexican Strat, Ibanez ArtStar from the early 90s (Gibson ES-335 knock-off) and a Fender P-Bass.

But it's hard to talk guitars without talking about amps and effects. I just re-tubed my 1999 Vox AC-30TB (Korg Re-issue) and I'm replacing the Celestion Greenbacks with Celestion Alnico Blues (UK made). Fedex should be delivering them today, so I'm psyched.

I won't even get into all the effects I have. Most are vintage effects and the list is too long.

I've been getting back into guitar playing/music more and more lately. It's been overshadowing my homebrewing! (gasp)

also speaking of guitars has anybody else seen this: http://rocksmith.ubi.com/rocksmith/en-US/ basically it's guitar hero but using a real guitar and it has lessons and exercises as well

ive seen tutorials on it before, it seems pretty cool for someone who is more intermediate, or who just loves learning how to play their favorite tune perfectly!

I have an Epiphone Special edition ES-135 (My Favorite), Special Edition SG, Fender P-Bass, and an Ibanez Acoustic.

I also have an Ohana sk100 soprano Ukulele. Nothin' like home brew and ukulele strumming to put a smile on your face!

Epiphone_ES-135_Blueburst_Limited_Edition.jpg

sk-100g.jpg

BierHerr said:
I have an Epiphone Special edition ES-135 (My Favorite), Special Edition SG, Fender P-Bass, and an Ibanez Acoustic.

I also have an Ohana sk100 soprano Ukulele. Nothin' like home brew and ukulele strumming to put a smile on your face!

I love those kind of guitars semi hollow bodies and that guitars awesome especially the blue color!

I love those kind of guitars semi hollow bodies and that guitars awesome especially the blue color!

Yah, that blue is gorgeous in person. And, for a Korean made guitar, the fit and finish is as good as any Gibson I've seen. It sounds great, too.

BierHerr said:
Yah, that blue is gorgeous in person. And, for a Korean made guitar, the fit and finish is as good as any Gibson I've seen. It sounds great, too.

I'm jealous :(

I have only two and haven't touched either for over a year. A carvin sc90 and a '78 Gibson sg double neck. I looked up the Gibson a while back and apparently it was one of the last made in Kalamazoo. I hope its worth something someday!

I still have much more invested in my guitar rig than homebrewing...this hobby is cheap;)

lschiavo said:
I have only two and haven't touched either for over a year. A carvin sc90 and a '78 Gibson sg double neck. I looked up the Gibson a while back and apparently it was one of the last made in Kalamazoo. I hope its worth something someday!

I still have much more invested in my guitar rig than homebrewing...this hobby is cheap;)

Ya tell me I tried blacksmithing/bladesmithing (I've always liked it) and I never got started I got a cheap non usable anvil and pipes sitting around for a forge but I've already made a batch a beer I'm about to make another one :D

Back