"Guilty" confessions of a beer enthusiast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mikeysab said:
Geez, i'd have to drain my 200,000 dollar 401k fund that I unnecessarily worked hard for for the last 12 years to afford real caine.

Off topic: anyone see the episode of Arrested Development where Gob kept going, "like the guy in the $5,000 suit is gonna hold the elevator for the guy who shops at JCPenny? Come on!!!"

Just sayin'....

/OT

So getting off my obvious guilty pleasures of Star Wars, hookers, and busting weizenballs, and getting back on topic, I have to follow up on the earlier blonde and cream ale discussions, I don't think I have admitted my occasional craving for a Genny. That really takes me back home. Guilty or not, that's a beer for me.

As for blondes, I just don't see that as a guilty pleasure. Now, redheads, on the other hand...

HEY, you call weinerwerks by the right name. He specializes in weiner beers, and that deserves respect. He loves weiner beers, and pouring weiners in his mouth.

Oh, I apologize, I was just informed i've been spelling weizen wrong, so go back and make the correction.

And Gennesee cream ale is also a guilty pleasure of mine. I love it.

Yeah, when we first moved from Upstate NY to South FL the rule for family was if you want to come visit, you have to bring down Genny and red-skin hot dogs. Strangely, now that it's widely available, I don't drink it much, but sometimes it's just the thing.

SittingDuck said:
Yeah, when we first moved from Upstate NY to South FL the rule for family was if you want to come visit, you have to bring down Genny and red-skin hot dogs. Strangely, now that it's widely available, I don't drink it much, but sometimes it's just the thing.

Red skin hot dogs! Are you kidding me? Now that is a guilty pleasure! I can give you a few food guilty pleasures that everyone can agree with *cough* lil' smokies in mac n' cheese *cough*. I go with a supersonic breakfast burrito from sonic on most hangover days. To me guilty pleasures (beer included) are like swimming in a pond, you enjoy while you are doing it but you always feel dirty after. Also I feel sorry for people who can't appreciate that, I am sure their lives are really boring.

So, sorry if I'm repeating something already said, but I don't really feel like reading through 33 pages (on my phone) to find out. I'll very rarely choke down a Coors Light or PBR or whatever, though if given no other choice, I will choose to have a beer over going without. But of anyone lives near a Trader Joes, they sell a store branded lager for a very reasonable price that is actually pretty decent. I think it's 6% and the flavor isn't nearly as watery as some other American style lagers. Anyone else ever tried this one?

^^ Simpler Times. It's not bad for your typical blue collar son of a drunk b!tch.

This thread warms my soul :)

^^ Simpler Times. It's not bad for your typical blue collar son of a drunk b!tch.

This thread warms my soul :)

Is this the name of the Trader Joe's beer or did I miss something? If it is, is it good or not? Maybe I need another beer...:mug:

So getting off my obvious guilty pleasures of Star Wars, hookers, and busting weizenballs, and getting back on topic, I have to follow up on the earlier blonde and cream ale discussions, I don't think I have admitted my occasional craving for a Genny. That really takes me back home. Guilty or not, that's a beer for me.

As for blondes, I just don't see that as a guilty pleasure. Now, redheads, on the other hand...

I can't believe you left hookers and blow for this.:tank:

onthekeg said:
Should I try it? Is it better than a skunked Urquell?

It's 2.99 a six pack. If you don't like it make pizza dough with it or give it to a bum.

Actually though a lot of people give it accolades for the price. I honesty can't remember what it's like though I know it wasn't skunked or overly offensive.

Thanks Bottle, I wasn't sure how bad it was. Usually TJ's caters to hipsters not the homeless.

I tried the Simpler Times and the Name Tag/Red Oval beer from TJs, at 2.99 and 3.99 a sixer. Really unremarkable flavor. Not bad, just nothing to say other than "it's beer." But it's beer for fifty cents a can, so, yeah. :)

Wow, ABG, were you at that party too? That was great...

Wait, didn't you say you're a cop? Umm, all comments are fictional and should not be seen as admissions that I...I mean, there is no evidence about drugs and prostitutes...ummm....I plead the fifth. ;)

Pick said:
Okay, confession time. Out of homebrew. Keg of Michelob Light in kegerator.

Now this is something I just can't support. I find this disgusting and appalling. Oh, the Michelob is ok, but OUT OF HOMEBREW?? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU??

We need to get some barley and stage an intervention.

I ran out of CO2 to push my beer and can't get it filled until later today.

However, thanks to my Philly buddy, YUENGLING!

onthekeg said:
Should I try it? Is it better than a skunked Urquell?

Simpler Times certainly doesn't hold a candle to a quality microbrew, but IMHO, it's much better than Urquell and at 2.99 a sixer, the quality is well worth the price.

My dad once told me that the difference between a whore and a slut is that a slut loves sex and a whore loves money. someone left the bar the other night with a half full glass of timmerman's on the table. I asked the waitress if she would mind if i finished it. I am a floaty patrolling beer slut and i hope to god i don't have herpes.

I am from St. Louis, so I am considered the odd one when I try to get something other than an AB product when I am home.

When I was really young I used to get the 6 pack of 16oz bud dry.

My continuing guilty pleasures are

when camping or on a float trip: Busch Light; I always drink Busch light on any camping trips.

When at a ball game or tailgating: Budweiser; so refreshing!

I don't think that's necessarily true... Ive got a triple decoction bohemian pilsner lagering in the fridge that was by far the most challenging and time consuming beer I've made, and it rocks. Yellow beers can actually represent a pinnacle of brewing prowess ;)

This is true, but show up at some kind of a beer geek event with a growler of yellow beer and see what kind of reception it gets. It would be lost among the Double IPAs, Imperial Stouts, and Belgian ales.

I just joined and getting into home brewing. Until i can make something better to satisfy my taste buds, I will never be able to give up my Newcastle.

I enjoy a bloody beer (1/2 beer 1/2 clamato juice) from time to time. I usually make mine with Miller Lite or MGD. I also don't mind a session beer during certain occasions. Especially at sporting events, hot days, etc.

SittingDuck said:
Crap.

But at least I didn't tell you where I buried all those dead hookers in my crawlspace.

Ha Ha! Outsmarted the man again!

Do you dress as a clown for kids' birthday parties?

That's the problem, there is little flavor to it. Barely any hops, barely any malt. The poor blue collar workers need to get a better job so they can afford better beer with real flavor.

go **** yourself. ignorance/willful classism is disgusting.
we all hope you are homeless when your ****ty wheat brewery inevitably folds. jackass.

He actually hasn't even started it yet! We outed him as a LIAR a few pages back.
your outing was funny- i just caught this thread and was laughing reading your description of the ultimate brewer. I'm packing yeast loads into my over under right now. some of us working class are too poor to even afford collars- let alone an experimental wheat beer. my wife glues doritos to my tee shirts and we have fruit flies- those are our guilty pleasures...

I can't imagine anything making it ahead of this for my "Best thread of 2012" nomination. I really hope the mods don't tamper with it as it is pure gold. Someone find a way to back it up lol

Back