growlerworks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pagrider

Reaction score
anyone have any experience with this product or drinktanks with the tap top.

I have had my kickstarter backer copper ukeg 64oz for about 6 weeks and so far it has been great. I've filled it once at a brewery taproom, twice at my local liquor store, and about 3 times with homebrew. It is definitely a conversation starter as everywhere I take it people come up and ask me about it which takes a bit of getting used to for an introvert like myself.

The shape of the faucet causes a few drops to drip after the tap is closed but you can fix that by tilting it forward slightly after a pour. That is the only criticism I have for mine other than that it took 2 years for Growlerwerks to send it to me.

That is the only criticism I have for mine other than that it took 2 years for Growlerwerks to send it to me.

GW is now selling them online, even with unfufilled kickstarter backer orders. Apparently they're out of money, fighting a patent lawsuit.

I really want one, but it's hard to support a company that ignores its original backers.

I just got my ukeg128 ~3 weeks ago and like it a lot so far. Between moving and everything these last 2 weeks I haven't been able to finish it and the beer's just been sitting in there. When I grabbed a small bit today it was still carbonated and tasting great. Yeah it was $129 for the kickstarter 2 years ago, but compared to the other pressurized growlers out there, this one looks the best and does a great job

Last edited:
Back