Group Grain Buy - Mid Hudson Valley, NY, CT Round#6

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k47k

Reaction score
Mid Hudson ValleyY, CT Round#6

This buy is CLOSED

OK here is the deal:

1. Need 42 sacks for this delivery.
2. People will have to come and pick up their bags at the drop off location on a specific date and time after the order has been received (Wappingers, NY).
3. Paypal will be used. you must send payment as a "personal payment" so no fees are assessed. if you send the payment incorrectly and i have to pay fees, you will be responsible for reimbursing me.

ORDER ENTRY

reply to this thread with what you want.
If you have any issues with the payment methods please PM me. If you do not make payment within 1 week from the time actual pricing is provided you forfeit your right to buy your grain and to participate in the grain buys until further notice. Not trying to be a jerk, but seriously, if you can't make payment within 1 week then you better contact me directly or don't participate. It slows down the order and it is detrimental to the group participants.

DELIVERY: Will be made to a retail location Wappingers, NY open 7 days a week for easy pickup.

I will expect participants to work together and figure out a plan to mule sacks for their region. This worked out well last time. in the past we were able to get sacks as far east as Hartford, CT and as far west as Pennsylvania.

K47K will keep us all updated on when the grain order is to arrive, when you should show up to get it, and all that jazz. You, as the buyer, are responsible for picking up your grain or for making arrangements for someone else to pick up and hold your grain for you. Please make your best effort to make the preplanned pickup date as described above.

Best Pilsner.................................$47.50
Best Munich................................$49.50
GreatWestern 2row Pale Ale.....................$34.50
GreatWestern 2row..........................$34.50
GreatWestern Vienna.................................$35.50
Best Wheat................................$47.50
GreatWestern Wheat.................................$34.50
Fawcett Maris Otter.........................$49.00

We can get others as well, the above will give you an idea of the price. Prices include shipping.

Great Western and Country Malts ~$35
All others ~$50

Total Sacks: 42

K47K – 3xBZ-PILS (TOTAL=3)
Mulz – 2xBZ-PILS (TOTAL=2)
ROMMELMAGIC – 1xTF-MOPA, 1xGW-PALE, 1xBZ-PILS (TOTAL=3)
SCOTT06903 – 1xFB-PILS, 3xGW-2ROW, 2xBZ-MUNH (TOTAL=6)
BREW_NY - 4xGW-2ROW, 3xGW-VIENNA, 2xGW-WHEAT (TOTAL=9)
PHILBER - 1xTF-MOPA, 1xGW-PALE, 1xBZ-PILS (TOTAL=3)
DBALE – 1xGW-PALE, 1xBZ-PILS (TOTAL=2)
BWOMP313 - 2xGW-PALE, 1xBZ=PILS (TOTAL=3)
LENNY2884 - 1xTF-MOPA, 1xGW-2ROW (TOTAL=2)
FPWEEKS - 3xGW-2ROW, 1xBZ-PILS (TOTAL=4)
PAULS - 1xTF-MOPA, 1xBZ-VIENA, 1xGW-PALE (TOTAL=3)
GFORCE5 - 1xBreiss-PILS, 1xGW-2ROW (TOTAL=2) (wants a TF-MOPA if there is space)

Awesome, and just in time too.
Put me down for 1 sack Fawcett MO, one sack Great Western 2 Row Pale, one sack Best Pils.

I will take a minimum of 6 bags, assuming I can pick up on a weekend. I can most likely add to this with a few guys here in Stamford Ct, but for now count me in for 6.

thanks

Perfect timing. I'd be in for at least 2 sacks. Would depend on the date of pickup and/or if anyone is willing to mule some sacks back to north NJ when the time comes. Tentatively in for 1 TF Maris Otter and 1 GW 2Row Pale.

I am up by Albany I would love to get in for 6 maybe 9 sack let me know what I need to do

more then likely 3 of the 2 row, 3 of the Vienna and 3 of the wheat

can I get a list of the other you can get may want a few more

Thanks

Brian

We can get anything from the following maltster's
Breiss
Great western
Country malt
Best Malt
Gambrinus
Thomas Fawcett
Bairds
Gilbertson and page for flaked grain

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Put me in for 3 bags. I'll join with Scott06903 for pickup.

1 GW 2 row pale ale
1 best pilsner
1 Fawcett Maris otter

Sent from my LG-E980 using Home Brew mobile app

I would like to get 4 bags of the GW 2 row, 3 bags of the GW Vienna and 2 bags of GW wheat

I may want to add a few more will you keep us update on how you have towards the pallet ?

thanks

S_M

The pallet progress is shown is maintained in the first post. Only the that have committed are listed. "Maybes and probablys" are not added to the list.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I'm in for 2 great western two rows. Do they have a great western pilsner? If so, one of those as well. If not I'll take a best pilsner

GW doesnt make a Pils. Canada Malting, Breiss, Best and Gambrinus make pils. ill put you down for a Best, can change it if you want something different.

Also, GW has plain 2row and Pale. i have you down for the 2row.

I will take a minimum of 6 bags, assuming I can pick up on a weekend. I can most likely add to this with a few guys here in Stamford Ct, but for now count me in for 6.

thanks

we are at 34 sacks right now (not including your tentative 6). if you take 8 sacks the order is closed. put order in asap

1x Breiss-Pilsner
1x GW-2-row
1x TF-Maris O

I can also MULE to Woodbury NY(Orange County) & Ramsey NJ.

GFORCE5, you are in for at least 2 sacks. Scott has reserved 6, i just havent gotten his order yet.

this will close the buy pending Scotts order.

If the buy is still open, I will take 1x BM Pils and 1x GW 2-Row

Blazin, Pumpkinman,

the buy is tentatively closed pending one participants order. if i dont hear back from them shortly they will forfeit their spot and we will be able to get you in on the order.

Blazin, Pumpkinman,

the buy is tentatively closed pending one participants order. if i dont hear back from them shortly they will forfeit their spot and we will be able to get you in on the order.

Understood.

Any chance of adding another pallet to this order? The first one filled up so quickly, I bet we could get another pallet filled relatively easily.

I can haul bags down to north jersey for anyone that is interested if I make it into the buy.

I'll take 2 bags if it's still open.
1- GreatWestern 2row Pale Ale
1- GreatWestern 2row

That will teach me for not checking my mail more often.
Hilon

I can open up a round #7 right away. i dont think we will get enough for 2 pallets in a reasonable amount of time (i could be wrong).

Below is my grain order:

2x FB-PILS Malteries Franco- Belges
3x GW-2ROW Great Western 2 Row
1x BZ-MUNH Best Malz Light Munich

+ some PBW if available.

thanks

THE BUY IS NOW CLOSED.

ACTION REQUIRED:

1. DO NOT REPLY TO THIS THREAD
2. Go to the first post and validate your order is correct.
3. If there are any errors, not them when you do step 4 below
4. EMAIL me the following information (joshadmin at optonline dot net)
a. Confirmation your order is correct (as listed in the first post)
b. Your FULL NAME and Homebrewtalk SCREENNAME
c. The FULL NAME of the person who will be picking up your order. the pickup will likely be at a retail location, i will provide them with a list of who is picking up what. if your name is not on the list grain will not be released to you.
5. DO NOT REPLY TO THIS THREAD.
6. DO NOT SEND ME PM.

Once i receive these email i will confirm pricing and reply to you with your total order cost and instructions for sending payment. When i receive all payments i will place the order and let you know when it will arrive.

Wow....that filled fast!

I put in a request for a couple sacks with a local shop by me that I should get an update on next week. If that falls through, I'd be in for 2-3 sacks if you put in another pallet/order. I'd be able to confirm next week.

BWOMP313,,, waiting on an email from you....

THE BUY IS NOW CLOSED.

ACTION REQUIRED:

1. DO NOT REPLY TO THIS THREAD
2. Go to the first post and validate your order is correct.
3. If there are any errors, not them when you do step 4 below
4. EMAIL me the following information (joshadmin at optonline dot net)
a. Confirmation your order is correct (as listed in the first post)
b. Your FULL NAME and Homebrewtalk SCREENNAME
c. The FULL NAME of the person who will be picking up your order. the pickup
will likely be at a retail location, i will provide them with a list of who is picking up what. if your name is not on the list grain will not be released to you.
d. your phone number (used to validate identity during pickup)
5. DO NOT REPLY TO THIS THREAD.
6. DO NOT SEND ME PM.

Once i receive these email i will confirm pricing and reply to you with your total order cost and instructions for sending payment. When i receive all payments i will place the order and let you know when it will arrive.

UPDATE: I have everyones info, i am validating pricing, i will have that back by monday at which time i will email everyone their final totals.

UPDATE: still waiting to hear back from the vendor on final pricing. standby.

UPDATE: I have the final pricing, I will get that out to everyone on Sunday evening. Once I receive the payments I will place the order. once the order is placed it should arrive a few days later. I will advise when/where you can pickup.

here are the final totals:

K47K: $138.50
MULZ: $69.00
PAUL: $133.00
ROMMELMAGIC: $131.00
SCOTT06903: $250.00
BREW_NY: $313.50
PHILBER: $131.00
DBALE: $82.00
BWOMP313: $116.50
Lenny2884: $83.50
FPWEEKS: $151.00
GFORCE5: $76.00

Please send paypal (send as "personal payment", i am not responsible for any fees) to joshadmin at optonline dot com

if you need to send me a money order, send me an email and i will respond with my address.

Back