Grit inside keg after 'cleaning'

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

comfortsteve

Reaction score
I rinsed out a keg after user & filled it then with water and oxy-san & left it for about a week. Now the inside of the keg has this grit on the entire inside. :mad:

I can scrub it off as far as I can reach in. I've refilled with hot water a couple of times hoping it would dissolve, but no luck so far.

Suggestions anyone????

Try some distilled vinegar? It's possible your water has a mineral content that was precipitated by the cleaner and that stuck. Let the vinegar sit on it overnight and see if that help. I just got done doing this.

Try some distilled vinegar? It's possible your water has a mineral content that was precipitated by the cleaner and that stuck. Let the vinegar sit on it overnight and see if that help. I just got done doing this.

Did you fill the keg with water then add the vinegar or swish just the vinegar around?

I just poured a gallon in and swished it around every once in a while. Some manual brushing was necessary on a couple spots but it took care of things.

Back