Grisette - Critique Needed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheDPR

Reaction score
Looking to do 2 Grisettes inspired by Farmhouse Ales.

One is essentially Markowski's recipe so no concerns there.

However, was thinking to make a more hop inspired one (plan to hop burst).

5.5gal batch
1.041 OG
20.3 IBU

5lb Pilsner
1.25lb Wheat Malt
1.25 Flaked Wheat
7oz Table Sugar

.5oz Mandarina Bavaria (20min)
.65oz Mandarina Bavaria (10min)
.7oz Mandarina Bavaria (2min)

Belle Saison

Infusion Mash at 149.

Any issues with this hop/yeast combo? Trying to make a wheaty/hoppy beer both the wife and I will like.

looks good to me. I wouldnt call that anything close to hopbursting though with <2oz of hops. Mandarina isnt too strong of a hop either. If you actually want it hoppy id use 2-3oz at flameout and steep it

True, probably would just be considered late hopping and not hop bursting.

Still want a balanced beer...trying to ween the SWMBO off Blue Moon while having something I'd enjoy as well.

True, probably would just be considered late hopping and not hop bursting.

Still want a balanced beer...trying to ween the SWMBO off Blue Moon while having something I'd enjoy as well.

Absolutely, you should do that.

I seem to have great luck sharing my farmhouse ales with people that are only wine drinkers or specifically dont like "craft" beer. itll go over well im sure

belle saison has a lemony zing to it that should pair with Mandarina. Its spicier the cooler you ferment it. id let it free rise and try to get it decently warm

Absolutely, you should do that.

I seem to have great luck sharing my farmhouse ales with people that are only wine drinkers or specifically dont like "craft" beer. itll go over well im sure

belle saison has a lemony zing to it that should pair with Mandarina. Its spicier the cooler you ferment it. id let it free rise and try to get it decently warm
Great stuff, glad to hear the pairing will work (haven't used either yet).

Here's to keeping money out of the BMC hands!

Back